What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still doing the foundation. Things have been doing slow. I think I've helped dig out 6 large trucks this week. Every delivery something has been going wrong. Dry weather has the sugar sand nearly impassible after the big trucks move thru. Got one stuck yesterday and tried to snatch with a chain resulting in a broken chain, broken windshield and glass in the drivers eyes. That truck got pushed out with a loader(last pic). 2 more loads coming tomorrow should give us what we need to just fill the foundation...
My poor old beat ford 640 is doing the dirt moving with a grader blade. It's just like me, not sure why it's still running. Cracked block, cracked head. Not sure which problem is worse. Getting oil in the water or getting water in the oil...[ddd:rolleyes::D I have to keep an eye closely on temperature, fill the leaking cooling system frequently. I brought the oil level up to full first thing this am....the level is now above full by maybe a quart and it looks a little like chocolate milk...come on baby, one more day...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_0281.jpg
    102_0281.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 102_0282.jpg
    102_0282.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 102_0283.jpg
    102_0283.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 102_0284.jpg
    102_0284.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 102_0285.jpg
    102_0285.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 102_0286.jpg
    102_0286.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 57
How did the hernia situation come about Bob? Moving that scrap?

No E-Man, the scrap didn't do it. It started a year or so ago. I would feel a burn in my nether region after walking the dogs a couple miles. I moved the scrap very carefully, not lifting anything heavy. Kept getting more of a pain until my guts were sticking through my stomach wall.
After two days I'm still a hurtin' puppy, with some painful nerve action in my right upper leg, along with the incision sites and where the mesh is placed. I did go to breakfast with a couple friends this morning but skipped the Rod & Custom Show.

Not one to ask for help, I'm sure I've overdone lifting heavy objects a thousand times. Just caught up with me.

Smalls, the Dump truck looks hopelessly stuck.

bobw: "Smalls, the Dump truck looks hopelessly stuck."

It stayed over night until the big loader got out here...
2800 bucks worth of dirt to fill the foundation...sheesh...I'm in the wrong business

not car but still resto... I`ve got another illness involving vintage design lighting...
Restored this 1965 "Zonnewende" (solstice) By Raak Amsterdam. Found this rare chandelier as an incomplete wreck... back to former glory , all of the 65 pounds... :eek:

Attachments

• IMGP1735.jpg
    IMGP1735.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGP1743.jpg
    IMGP1743.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 18
It's sure nice to see some Mopar power, now, if we just could see a wee bit more of that '37 Plymouth we could all sleep better tonight.

Nice lights, Dutch. Did you have to make many of the crystal surrounds?

It's sure nice to see some Mopar power, now, if we just could see a wee bit more of that '37 Plymouth we could all sleep better tonight.

Nice lights, Dutch. Did you have to make many of the crystal surrounds?

Mac, the only 2 things I can do with glass is empty and break it... :D Been lucky to find the missing pieces of glass online.

Went to Lonestar Round Up Sat! But getting ready for the gig wore this ol dog out! Sun & Mon I was *weak*! :eek::D[ddd

BoB

Latest posts

Back