Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the future......:eek: :cool: [;)
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5186.jpg
    IMG_5186.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 41
Proof that shrinkage can be a good thing...[ddd:D

There are advantages to it ZZ. Sure is a lot less grinding.:D
If I continue to gas/hammer weld I will need bigger tanks though.
I haven't welded sheet metal with gas in along time but it was how I was taught 45 years ago. :eek:
I didn't have any RG45 rod so I went with the old "Coat hanger" trick just for a quick test. Kind of like riding a bicycle.;)
I have my heart Drs appointment tomorrow and things are pointing towards a pacemaker or some thing like it. So any electrical form of welding will be a thing of the past.
Got to keep moving forward ...........
Torchie

Great way to start the day...
Wife's car had a flat tire so we had to take my beater to the appointment. Also had to go to the leg shop for some emergency work on that. 200 miles later and we are home.:eek:
They told me just what I expected to hear. I will be getting a biventricular pacemaker installed on next Weds.
Don't think I will have time to get the Dodge roof all cut and finished mig welded by then.;)
I am looking at a 6 week recovery period afterwards due to my delicate nature....:rolleyes: :D
So now we know.....
Torchie

Best of luck with the upcoming procedure. I am pretty sure there will be less cutting involved than with the dodge. [;)

Wishing you a successful procedure and complete recovery, Torchie!

Shame about the welding, though. (I haven't welded with oxy/acetylene in 30 years or more. :eek:)

Torchie, With all you have been through the pacemaker should be just a little bump in the road. Good luck .

Thanks for the support Gang!
I knew going in that it would be either a Pacemaker or the old "Nothing we can do.":eek:
My echo cardiogram from Tuesday showed no difference since the last one back in Dec(Still within the low range of normal) which was encouraging as well.:D
I was in line for Oct 6 but on the way home I got a call telling me that I was bumped up to next Weds. Bonus points for being a frequent flyer perhaps???[ddd
Looking forward to getting it done so I can start to feel better and get more active again. I have been pretty ragged lately even by my standards.
I hear you on the oxy welding Doc. Most likely been about 25 years for me.[;)
I hope to get a few more things done this weekend so we will see.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Good luck with the pacemaker. You will find a way to work around it. From what I understand about it, it's the defibrillator that's the problem with welding. My uncle had one and it was something about the electrical frequency that would set it off. Ask the doctors about it and tell them you weld and see if they can set it up so you can weld.

No big deal getting the pacemaker. They put one in my Son in-laws 2 year old boxer dog so you should be fine too [ddd
Be waiting on you to return :cool: [P[P[P

Good luck with the pacemaker. You will find a way to work around it. From what I understand about it, it's the defibrillator that's the problem with welding. My uncle had one and it was something about the electrical frequency that would set it off. Ask the doctors about it and tell them you weld and see if they can set it up so you can weld.

That was my first question to them kenny and its a no go especially with a 220 welder. Same frequencies that the defib read is what the pacemaker will read. It will make your heart rate appear to be changing and so it will will adjust accordingly possibly causing me to black out. Not worth the risks. I will also have to avoid VERY strong magnets. It will be gas from now on, if at all.

Good luck Brother. Xo it right once and good to go for the.long run!
Sending good ivibrations daily :D

Thanks soltz. Doing my best to stick around.

No big deal getting the pacemaker. They put one in my Son in-laws 2 year old boxer dog so you should be fine too [ddd
Be waiting on you to return :cool: [P[P[P

Does that mean I will want to drive with my head hanging out the car window OI.[ddd :D :cool:
Torchie

Latest posts

Back