1931 Chevy 4door into pickup.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electrical system, air system, fuel system, it all looks like a compact Freightliner. Like the cut off switch. Still deciding exactly where to put mine.

My local auto parts store has a little section of welding supplies, and in that section is a big spool of ground cable for welders. Thats what I usually buy when I need an extra long battery cable. Then I just put my own ends on it.

My local auto parts store has a little section of welding supplies, and in that section is a big spool of ground cable for welders. Thats what I usually buy when I need an extra long battery cable. Then I just put my own ends on it.
Good idea.

If we had an actual welding store or if our auto parts stores had welding sections, I would have gone that route. But instead, the only place that sells welding cables only carry OO gauge an that's a bit heavier than I wanted. Spent more time wiring today. Had to cut out the drivers side door jamb again to route wires up to the roof. A little time cutting, a bit of time welding and a whole lot of grinding, and you can't even tell I cut it out again.

And got my clearance lights wired up. Simply because what's a truck without em?

Tomorrow I'll start on the power windows, windshield wiper, and some power outlets to charge our phones. Because you have to have the important things in life.

Just read the whole Thread, alot of work went into this one, i can appreciate it as i begin my first ratrod/30's hotrod Project myself.

Hope the Weather clears up there Soon

Your getting a lot closer now JB, the weathers turning for us as well, spring is here when the Spring road bans go on and they started at midnight last night.:D

Got the power outlets installed and the power windows done. Had to cut about 3" off of the regulators so they'd fit but they work well. Can't wait to get this thing done(ish) and drive her around a bit. So wiring is almost done, just have to install the windshield wiper, turn signal switch, and front turn signals and the wiring will be finished.

Lookin good. Those battery cutoff switches are actually really nice to have. Any time you need to do electrical work with no power, you can just pull the key.

Looks great! Was thinking of doing main shut off in my build. We have them on the big trucks I work on here at work. Can't wait to see it on the road.

Well, got my windshield wiper installed today and spent a few hours figuring out the door latch realeases and handles. Decided to keep it simple. I had ordered some locar release cables and I had some old broken 9/16" wrenches lying around. One had been cut larger for 5/8 so it wasnt too good anymore and the other had opened up from use so it's not like they were good for anything else. I welded the old snapon one to a 3/8 bolt and the proto to a nut. Drilled a 1/4" hole in the inner handle and attached the cable end to it. Had to drill and tap a 1/4" hole for a handle stop and install a return spring to the latch assembly and it all works flawlessly. Tomorrow I'll work on the passenger side and if I have time work on my throttle cable. I switched gears on the throttle pedal as what I had planned on using was a bit too bulky even for my smaller feet. I'll post up pictures of that when I get around to it. Anyway, here are some pictures of todays progress.

"Less complicated". Is that what you said? :D

Looks good, though.
icon14.gif

New gas pedal is mostly installed(need to get one more 1/4-20 threadsert), throttle cable is ran, and cable bracket made. Checked to make sure I had idle and full throttle and she should be good to go. So ready to roll this old gal out the door for a cruise. Just a lot of little stuff left.

New pedal.

Where the cable comes through the firewall.

The throttle cable bracket.

Latest posts

Back