28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My vote on the rear wheel issue would be to cut the wheel centers out and move them. ( or get different back space wheels) I think a rolled fender lip would look out of place ... (fart can drifter jap style) and all body lines look in the right place as is, so widening fenders (imo) would look fine as long as you do rear and front.
I would fix it to what you invisioned in the first place. Stuff like this will stick out like a sore thumb till the end of times... just my 2cts

My vote on the rear wheel issue would be to cut the wheel centers out and move them. ( or get different back space wheels) I think a rolled fender lip would look out of place ... (fart can drifter jap style) and all body lines look in the right place as is, so widening fenders (imo) would look fine as long as you do rear and front.
I would fix it to what you invisioned in the first place. Stuff like this will stick out like a sore thumb till the end of times... just my 2cts

I'm thinking you may be right, I haven't had time to look at it this week.

The mail man came and brought me a steering wheel. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

He also delivered the fender roller, as with most Princess Auto items it was a little needy to be used. The wheel stud holes were full of powdercoat and excess steel and would not fit over the studs. Overall it is built pretty well, but it will not work on this vintage steel. After mounting it on the axle and getting set up I can adjust it to pull the lip out 3/4 inch and roll it around and the fender goes right back to its original shape. What it has done is straighten out the small dents in the fender lip. I guess it will be going back.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Steering wheel 001.jpg
    Resize of Steering wheel 001.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Resize of Steering wheel 002.jpg
    Resize of Steering wheel 002.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Resize of Steering wheel 004.jpg
    Resize of Steering wheel 004.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 61
Bummer about the roller.
Whats your plan now? As I recall , the fender is just tacked together?
Now would be the time to add more metal and look at a way of transitioning it into where the running board connects so you don't have to widen those as well.
I think that once it's done nobody but you will notice the difference.
I know that I am just telling you what you already know.....
Keep at it.
Torchie

OOOO WEEE !!!!!!! Purdy wheel..[dr

[P[P

Bummer about the roller.
Whats your plan now? As I recall , the fender is just tacked together?
Now would be the time to add more metal and look at a way of transitioning it into where the running board connects so you don't have to widen those as well.
I think that once it's done nobody but you will notice the difference.
I know that I am just telling you what you already know.....
Keep at it.
Torchie

Sometimes you win and sometimes ya lose :(

I wish I had tuned in to this build earlier! This is awesome! Keep up the great work!

totally agree,

Later :cool:

Thanks Guys, Torchie I went back to working on the floor supports, to give the brain a while to think about the problem. [S[S

Progress on the floor supports, and the factory cross member that took three tries to get right[;)[;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of floors 001.jpg
    Resize of floors 001.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Resize of floors 003.jpg
    Resize of floors 003.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Resize of floors 004.jpg
    Resize of floors 004.jpg