1965 Fargo 100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on the bed. Was the source for the perfectly matching inserts for the widened "tubs" the material you removed form the sides? Well done indeed.

[cl

The Fargo's owner came down to give me a hand for the weekend, and we got some more accomplished. right hand fender widened and the rear shocks mounted.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Shocks 004.JPG
    Resize of Shocks 004.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Resize of Shocks 003.JPG
    Resize of Shocks 003.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Resize of Shocks 002.JPG
    Resize of Shocks 002.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Resize of Shocks 001.JPG
    Resize of Shocks 001.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 91
Dozer, I put a pair of shocks on a '68 Super Bee a long time ago; vertically like that. I learned that the shocks stabilize the side to side motion of the rear-end if they are slanty like the factory installs them. My car had leaf springs and tall hangers, where yours has triangulated top links so you're O.K.. This message is a caution for the next guys; If you have to put your shocks on vertically, you will need a panhard bar or triangulated links to stabilize your wiggling bum, I mean rear-end.
Keep on working, Dozer and keep on showing pictures.

Dozer, I put a pair of shocks on a '68 Super Bee a long time ago; vertically like that. I learned that the shocks stabilize the side to side motion of the rear-end if they are slanty like the factory installs them. My car had leaf springs and tall hangers, where yours has triangulated top links so you're O.K.. This message is a caution for the next guys; If you have to put your shocks on vertically, you will need a panhard bar or triangulated links to stabilize your wiggling bum, I mean rear-end.
Keep on working, Dozer and keep on showing pictures.

Thanks Mac, there just wasn't any other place to install them.

The Fargo is back in the shop. We pulled the box,cab and clip back off the frame and rolled it in the shop on the hoist. I have some finish up welding to do then install the front air bag kit as well as the fuel cell. I am then going to tow it out to Alberta for Darcy to do all the replacement front end parts, new brakes on the front as well as a rear disc brake conversion.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Saw 006.jpg
    Resize of Saw 006.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Resize of Saw 005.jpg
    Resize of Saw 005.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 58
Thanks Guys, I got a little done over the last few days. Added a 4" angle iron rear cross member to the frame to allow removal of the old spare tire cross member. This will give me the room needed for the 17 gallon fuel cell that is on order. I then added the missing boxing plates between the trans cross member and the drive shaft hoop. Also replaced the fish plates on the outside of the frame as they looked horrible.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And a short video. https://youtu.be/mwe_Mxu5ydU

Attachments

• Resize of fish plates 004.jpg
    Resize of fish plates 004.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Resize of fish plates 003.jpg
    Resize of fish plates 003.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Resize of fish plates 002.jpg
    Resize of fish plates 002.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Resize of fish plates 005.jpg
    Resize of fish plates 005.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Resize of fish plates 001.jpg
    Resize of fish plates 001.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 68
New shock position, after re-reading Mercury Mac's reply a while back I just had to change them. I had to make some clearance on the inside rear of the C notch to clear the shock, but I will weld a patch plate in the opening and it should be as strong as ever.
Ya think this will work better?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of shock mounts 002.jpg
    Resize of shock mounts 002.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of shock mounts 003.jpg
    Resize of shock mounts 003.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of shock mounts 004.jpg