TBT... Throwback Thursday!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
37 plymouth

This was my other car !

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 51
Since it's almost Thursday I'll waste some of your time telling the story of the above cartoon:
Mr. Rauer is a real person. Leo was my high school friend and co-hellraiser into our early adult years. I settled down but Leo continued on a truly book worthy lifestyle. We lost touch. Didn't even know he was back in town when I did the cartoon and put it in the Minnesota Street Rod Assn. monthly newsletter.
Well, Leo called me when he saw the cartoon and we reunited and became friends again. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. A 1949 Plymouth 4 door that had been chopped many years ago by a regionally well known car guy and owned by one of the godfathers of Minnesota hot rodding. Free, no strings attached. Leo had completely dismantled the car but became too disabled to continue with the project. Besides, what he planned to do to the car I wouldn't wish on any car, even a '49 Plymouth 4 door.
I stored the car for a couple years and finally my son & I put it back together, got it running and driving. Dave, my son drove it for quite a few years but in the end, we had to sell it. There's more to the story but this is enough for now.

Last edited:
I remember paper maps. Thanks for the 'toons, Bubba!

2 year old me... I guess I had a thing for horticulture... unlike the property owner. (This was behind my parents' first house, a rental.)

attachment.php

I can't explain the little vest... wearing my Sunday best, or my cowboy hat flew off. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Garnet1.jpg
    Garnet1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Garnet2.jpg
    Garnet2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 151
52 Chev Memories

Mom had a 52 Sedan when I was a little kid over 50 years ago. Got a beat up one in the garage now. Great photo Doc.[cl

Latest posts

Back