53 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, lets start small with the seat, only 2 pictures there...one before cover and one after

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 122
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 143
ok, then we will look at the door pannel> a little more involved, but i had time and was curious to see if it works. Pictures are in order or 2,3, 1, 4, cause thats how they uploaded, and again, I was bored.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 118
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 129
Ok, time to go redneck. I had the gas pedal rust off, well the hinge on it did, along with the spot in the floor where it goes. I went to walmart and bought a hasp lock. Then the fun began.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 98
body work is not my thing, and I admit it freely. THe grill on this truck is wasted, but its why i love the truck, so I get to outbackparts.com and buy a new one for $300. But in the mean time I went to a boneyard and picked up some beauty rings for the headlights..They werent in beautiful shape, but were fairly straight. A lil time with a composite wheel has them ready for the new grill, you know, when I can afford it.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 51
The next big project is the motor swap. I have to go v8 cause as it is I top out at 45mph. There is a book called "Truck, A Love Story" by Michael Perry that states if you are pulled over in an IHC for speeding, they dont give you a ticket, they give you an award. Yeah I know Im going small block chevy because thats what I have, but it wont be a 350. Its a 327/th350. the automatic is temporary, again what I have. I want a 3 speed on the floor, I just love that boost between 1st and second. I ordered the cross member in november for it, and it arived 2 nights ago. Unfortunatly it is snowing now and it will be a bit before I can do the swap since I have no garage. Here are some pictures. you will see the stock silver diamond 220 rated at 90 horse way back when it was brand new (over 50 years ago). The 300 horse 327, and the crossmember. Yes I'll clean the leaves off the 327 when I pull it.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 112
So i hate the stock mirror. I had this motorcycle mirror hanging out that i had no use for. Ideas began sparking, and since I had a drill bit, boom why not.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 226
travelallparts.com has a t-shirt for my build. $30 after shipping. Hell I dont spend that much on most parts, but i had to have it. Ordered it last night.

sorry im picture happy, I just really love my truck.

Attachments

• pickup shirt.jpg
    pickup shirt.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 59
Cool ol binder Rev. What kinda frame ya got under it, I noticed the a-frames in the one photo. I know that camero-nove sub frames work great under those old trucks. Keep us posted as the work progresses.

You actually didnt notice a frames, that old binder is 100 percent stock, except for what I pictured. Im leavin it mostly that way, well for a few years. I like being able to never have to tag it again. (here in AR they have an antique tag that is like $20 and lifetime. no renewals, If no one pops the hood, Ill never need to renew.)

gearhead, the a-arms are in the pic of the motor he's gonna put in--still in another vehicle now.......

rev that old binder looks cool.....and i think your gonna love it w/a v-8
those things are low geared, which makes for a good tire-fryer:D

havent posted anything new in a bit. Sorry bout that. Been putting a 350/4 speed in my best friends 59 apache. No time to work on the IHC. Ill post again when soemthing happens with my precious truck. Probably when its not so cold it has to warm up to freeze.

door panels

love those door panels, told the wife i would like to do something like that to my headliner

Spent the morning sanding the hood. I swear there is almost an inch of bondo in some places, and I cant find a dent one in the metal. Some people should not be allowed to buy bondo. It should come with a 7 day waiting period and an I.Q.test.
the big news on the truck is that we finished my buddys 59 chevy apache so we are planning to start the engine swap this weekend, assuming my other buddy gets over here with the cherry picker and the weather dosent go to hell on us.

Latest posts

Back