Amazing life

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Well, I just clocked over another year yesterday and my monthly visit to the cancer doc. He is amazed at how good I look with my blood counts and all. He said he really didn't think 3 months ago that I would still be alive now. I guess I wasn't sure either. I get blood products at least one a week and at some point will become immune and stop getting a bump from the platelets. So it's been the most amazing year ever for me and it looks like at least another month or two before I wind this deal up and head for the house.

That's awesome news, it's amazing what a positive attitude and deep desire to keep on keeping on will do.

Good for you wb.[cl[cl
My mantra has become "Keep on keeping on." :D
My health care team and I have been together now for 20 years so we all know each other pretty well. At one of our quarterly appointments one of my Drs made the comment that he didn't really think that I would have lasted this long given all the damage to my heart and vascular system. :eek:
He just kind of blurted it out but as soon as he said it , you could see by the look on his face that he was embarrassed. I just laughed and told him not to worry. That my plan was to outlast him......:D [ddd
I complete another trip around the sun my self next week.
Stay strong my brother.

You guys freakin' amaze me. Hats off to you! Tough as nails and still runnin' hard. [cl [cl [cl [cl

Hoping to hear a similar update this time next year!

That's fantastic news! Way to go! I'm with the rest of em. Keep building. Keep on keeping on. I just clocked the 3rd birthday last week since the doctors pretty much told me to go home and die. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm just staying busy...

Good to hear! I believe staying positive is the way to be. I'm sure its hard, but I have seen it work in my family. Keep busy and over out on the road as much as possible!

We have some tough ol' birds here i am proud to say. Well done.

15pal25_zps7argro51.jpg

Attitude helps, I'm sure. what good is going to do to be mopey and depressed about it.
I didn't tell him I quit taking all the meds a month ago. I think this right here is my best medicine, try to take it out everyday for a spin. Even when I'd rather just stay in the house.

Attachments

• DSCN1581.jpg
    DSCN1581.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 35
WB, I'm not sure I understand your last sentence. I hope it doesn't mean what I think it means...

WB, I'm not sure I understand your last sentence. I hope it doesn't mean what I think it means...

Yeah, it pretty much does. With no white count, I have zero immune system. If I got the flu it would be seriously life threatening, or any infection. They can't predict when I quit getting a bump from platelets but it's trending down on a graph. When that happens and I have no platelets, then you just wait to bleed out from something, usually internal. Could be a month or I might make it several months, no way of knowing.

We all have to choose how to live our lives WB and you are doing what I will be doing when it comes to that point. My wife and I have discussed this.
Peace and strength to you and your family my brother.......
Torchie

God bless you Willowbilly3! Keep the attitude...quitting the scripts may have some profound effects. It did for me. I'm not supposed to be here. I had many prescriptions that I simply refused to use shortly after they sent me home. Cardiologist kept telling me when I inquired about weening myself off the pills, that those pills were for life. I have a primary care physician that has been working with me for that to happen and he understands. Funny thing is my numbers are so close to being normal it has them scratching their heads. I still take a couple of meds but that is down from 6 to 2. My over all numbers don't indicate any problems at all, even tho I'm working on 1/2 a heart. Most of the meds are gone and so is the cardiologist...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back