1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

Hello to everyone, just got signed up and introduced my self in the intoductions thread. Here is my build, Picked up a 29 Essex 3 window coupe that the P/O cut the rumble seat off of, hence the pick-up version here it is when it arrived at home for $250.

My origonal plan was plan was to use a IHC straight front axle, but found there wasn't much for parts available to convert it to disc brakes.

August 22 I brought home 48 feet of 2x4" tubing to start on the frame.

I found a 1970 Ford Galaxie 9"diff complete in real good shape and a 1954 F100 straight axle as well as the hood from a 58 IHC ( to close in the roof) for $100.

Air bags arrived $200 Canadian for 4 landed.

Found a 1967 283 and Powerglide to help with the set up, motor uses lots of oil but the tranny is solid, I have since found a good 350 4 bolt main to use, Should I use the Powerglide or look for a turbo 350 or 400?

Currently working on the front suspension, building a variant of the Cen-Pen one I found on line, will post some pictures as soon as I can.

That is just cool as heck! Into it cheap to start, which is always a good thing. Looks like yet another cool build to watch unfold ... Hooray! :D

Thanks sixty8c10 and Tripper, waiting for parts to come in to carry on with the front suspension install and to ask further questions[S

I love it!

Nice work ! I agree "Kool" covers it pretty nicely. If steel could talk, I wonder what stories, that body could tell? [cl

Nice work ! I agree "Kool" covers it pretty nicely. If steel could talk, I wonder what stories, that body could tell? [cl

Thanks Kermit, I'm sure they would not be good stories. The last 15 years it sat in a shed under cover at least, before that was 40+ years in an unknown field. Why the rumble seat was cut off I don't know, but it should make a good little pick-up. Speaking of that I got a line on a late 40's early 50's F100 short box complete with tailgate, for $0:cool:

Thanks guys. No progress to report, made a 9.5 hour drive to visit family for the weekend. Did end up finding my 350 turbo trans for $0 in trade for the powerglide on my set up motor. Also got another person totally hooked on building an RR:cool:

Latest posts

Back