Another tot rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So as I was putting stuff away I looked at this pedal car that I had started lowering and turning into a wagon years ago. I figured I might as well put it together before I lost pieces to it why not I have an extra half-hour. Career was already done so all I had to do was modify the front steering system. I cut an inch and a half out of it so I can get it to sit down a little bit and then I changed the track with about an inch so I can still turn it with it's new lower stance want to finish weld all the front and stuff and bolt it in but I will get that done tonight. Then I still have to build the handle so you can pull around

Attachments

• 0514192226_HDR.jpg
    0514192226_HDR.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 0514192226a_HDR.jpg
    0514192226a_HDR.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 0514192227_HDR.jpg
    0514192227_HDR.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 0514192229_HDR.jpg
    0514192229_HDR.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 44
"I changed the track with about an inch so I can still turn it with it's new lower stance"
I definitely want to see this cause, I'm pretty sure you're too big for it [ddd
[P[P[P

"I changed the track with about an inch so I can still turn it with it's new lower stance"
I definitely want to see this cause, I'm pretty sure you're too big for it [ddd
[P[P[P

Hahahaha, dont temp me [cl

I like the way these pedal cars mimic actual cars. The HP looks like a 70 GMC, the blue one is either 70's Torino or Merc. I had one when I was 3 years old, got it for Christmas, still see it on old home movies.

It had the look of a 53 Olds, but had a little dump truck attachment on back, I guess it was an 53 Olds El Camino? The story goes by the end of Christmas day I somehow disassembled it and dad had to put it back together. I guess I had an early start at this stuff.

I like the way these pedal cars mimic actual cars. The HP looks like a 70 GMC, the blue one is either 70's Torino or Merc. I had one when I was 3 years old, got it for Christmas, still see it on old home movies.

It had the look of a 53 Olds, but had a little dump truck attachment on back, I guess it was an 53 Olds El Camino? The story goes by the end of Christmas day I somehow disassembled it and dad had to put it back together. I guess I had an early start at this stuff.

Interesting that's what you see, I see them totally different. The highway patrol looks like a mix of a 53-56 F-1 and a 1952 Ford car to me.

The blue one I see a 1960 Edsel Ranger with that iconic front grille.

That's what makes the hobby interesting, we all see different details.

Last edited:
Interesting that's what you see, I see them totally different. The highway patrol looks like a mix of a 53-56 F-1 and a 1952 Ford car to me.

The blue one I see a 1960 Edsel Ranger with that iconic front grille.

That's what makes the hobby interesting, we all see different details.

You know, I was thinking the 60 Edsel at first on the blue one, I know it looks like something, possibly a 59 Pontiac like soltz said. And looking again, I think you are right about the 50's Fords on the HP, especially since that one was probably made in the 50's

Latest posts

Back