One for the hall of shame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I WAS gonna post a lengthy comment on the first one....... But now that there is a team of derelicts, I can't POSSIBLY Post all the words blasting through my brain matter now.
This is just crazy!
If I were a millionaire I'd go out of my way to buy these heaps of crap up just to scrap. If only to save face for true builders that know their limits and take pride in their work :/

Edit: I can't hold it in:
"BODY IS TO RESEMBLE 30S FORD RODSTER PU. MADE OUT OF FIBEGLASS CAMPER SHELLS I FIBERGLASSED TOGETHER"

WTF man?! What are you thinking? KNOCK IT OFF!

I'm not sure this thing has to even be on the road to kill someone. I feel an aneurism coming on just looking at it.

Last edited:
If I were a millionaire I'd go out of my way to but these heaps of crap up just to scrap. If only to save face for true builders that know their limits and take pride in their work :/

Ironic - I think I've seen this exact sentence on the HAM speaking of rat rods. Not that I don't agree with you JML, just had to laugh a bit.

I can't hold it in:
"BODY IS TO RESEMBLE 30S FORD RODSTER PU. MADE OUT OF FIBEGLASS CAMPER SHELLS I FIBERGLASSED TOGETHER"

WTF man?! What are you thinking? KNOCK IT OFF!

I think we were all thinking WTF when we read that. Maybe if you squint real hard?

Some of those make me feel embarrassed
And I don't own them or even know the owners!

That ain't much of an endorsement....

Here's one I think fits this category, maybe not unsafe but should not have been done lol.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251378479559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

And some pics for when the ad disappears ...

Hope I don't offend anyone with this lol. I just think the proportions are way off.

Now this one ain't SO bad. At least it can be saved. Proportions are quite a ways off, and the rear fenders are missing half, but if I put my thumb over the entire front end, it looks half decent.
I'll be interested to see if it gets past the reserve, and what that number will be.

That thing needs the front axle shoved back under the frame, a different grill cause that one just doesn't have an organic feel, and either ditch the Dayton's for some steelies or throw a set of wires underneath it. Plus take the rear fenders and weld em back together. Or if you like the wide look, get rid of them all together.

Well,here we go again.I would drive it around on the farm,but I would not drive it on the street.I dont see 3000$ worth of parts on that,either.

I had the pleasure of seeing this one in person.
In FACT, I saw it pull in.......so I turned around to see its up close in all its wonderious glory.

And then a began to vomit uncontroably.

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg
Yes, these are the strut towers out of the old car.

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-8.png

Latest posts

Back