What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We pulled the building back to square after the racking it took from the hurricane. Didn't take it down but moved it around some. We got some rafters up this weekend and it really sturdied up a bunch.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0540.jpg
    DSCN0540.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0541.jpg
    DSCN0541.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 161
Smallfoot, my weather is not like your weather at all. About +6* to +10* F and a little snow on the ground, so mostly I worked in the shop today. It was tire day. I changed a worn out front tire on my '55 Merc and then mounted some old 6.00 x16's on steelies to put on the front axle of my new Model A coupe.

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 22
We're still getting 70s and 80s. Had a little cool last week where it dropped into the 40s. Thought I'd freeze ...heheh! Likely get the rest of the rafters up tomorrow. Well, that's the plan...
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0539.jpg
    DSCN0539.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 111
Next step will be trim and box the ends of the rafters. Then we'll add all the straps and plates and drill the braces and poles for 1/2" all thread we'll use to add some strength to our attachments. Then we'll place purlings and steel roofing.
Maybe 3 days tops back up on the high end. I'm still a high end man even though it doesn't feel as good up there at 66. My old scrawny ass is tired from handling the rafters.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0546.jpg
    DSCN0546.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0547.jpg
    DSCN0547.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0548.jpg
    DSCN0548.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 87
That's quite a structure you're building. I enjoy following along.
Thanks Bob! It's present size is half of what it will be in the future. Jr. is hoping that this part will suffice until after the house is finished. You know how plans change. He started telling people he would be selling his place and has sold it already. Looks like he'll need a place to stay out here at the first of the year. Plan is get the roof on this part, pull the travel trailer under it and camp while building.

I finally sold my '41 Ford pickumup truck! Normally I keep my cars about 10 years then move on. Sometimes I hate to see them go... sometimes not! I have *never* been so glad to see a car/truck go in all my life. I got the $$$ & saw the tail lights headed out of state this morning & it was an awesome feeling! More room in the shop now & I can finally concentrate on my new build... '28 Dodge Bros coupe! Yipppeee!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Got the new compressor hooked up Yesterday. The old one the tank rotted out. Put a minute mount plow on the 2012 F350 super duty. New truck for me. Sold and delivered the old truck, 2002 F250 super duty. Now more getting ready for winter.

we are getting a little cool weather here too . My son cut down an old messed up red oak yesterday at the neighbors house , and we brought it to the house to split and sell .. he has done good selling fire wood last year and so far this year .. so Ive been picking up and loading and un-loading truck loads of fire wood for two days ,, then at last min. we decided to do an antifreeze check . and you guessed it 2 of mine needed it and 3 of the boys needed it .. Hmmm ... yes now a gallon is 14.99 and 3 weeks ago it was 9.99 .. but I new it needed checked but it was 70* out 2 weeks ago...( I do this every year )
But I did work on another project ive been putting off and im a few steps closer to the finish on. And My rat project is in my Mums barn right now collecting dust , but its safe for the time being and out of the garage .Im off on vacation right this min and Im not old enough to retire yet but I got so much to do and so many new projects I want to do ,, I cant wait till i retire ,,, may go out early I'll think on that for a while ...

ol Blue I never heard of that either ,,, I thinks its against the law to dump it on the ground any more , so they have to keep it and Id say they would half way filter it and sell it , But dont think id put it in mine ... I have enough gunk in my engine now from the water in our area .. oh, and by the way I love the looks of your truck ... maybe one day mine will look similar to yours ....

Latest posts

Back