What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished up my frame pieces.

Man, what a lot of planning, cutting and grinding.

Gonna tack her up tomorrow. [cl

Attachments

• 11-10-13.jpg
    11-10-13.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 11-10-13 2.jpg
    11-10-13 2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 11-10-13 3.jpg
    11-10-13 3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 23
Ate some tasty 60 year rust

Two weeks ago I picked up a basket case- no drivetrain 1954 IH R100 for $300.
Got laid off same week and decided to keep going on project as long as it stays reasonably cheap for now.

removed old suspension, bed, cab, seat frame, emptied bed that had the rotten front end and fenders in along with misc other parts.

Stared at it a lot pondering my abilities :eek: and some rot concerns then decided it will be a $300 learning curve that most likely I will get my cash back on later if needed.

Spent time looking at pics and deciding on a game plan.

1. Slam frame using stock drop crossmember and rear axle
2. shorten frame tails and remove leaf spring perches
3. Chop roof 7 inches
4. section body 3 inches
5. channel body 2 inches to lay with frame
6. set back body 16 inches
7. shorten bed to 4 foot
8. remove rear fenders and narrow bed to clear tires
9. section bed 3-4 inches
10. extend wheelbase possibly

I did something I've been putting off for awhile, hate do'n this dirty chore but it was time... new rear u-joint on the Ranchero! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• ujoint.jpg
    ujoint.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 22
I'm finally almost done with my Cadillac engine swap but have put it on hold for a while to get my 27 ready for the drive to Turkey Run over Thanksgiving. Had to change the oil, tighten up all the bolts and nuts, and Dan waxed it for me.

The weather looks like I might be driving in some rain, but it won't be the first time I have been soaked in it. :D

DOn

took the saturday off

break in the weather allowed for a few pictures

Attachments

• photoshoot2013a.jpg
    photoshoot2013a.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 27
Got the new starter switch in the 47, then took mama and the kids to a cars show, then to Daytona beach for some swimming, then dinner on the pier.

buried my co-pilot Saturday morning. My 9 year old yellow lab Jack. Got excited cause my son came home during his breakfast, died of a heart attack 5 minutes latter.

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your pup. It's always so hard to say goodbye to one of them. :(

This weekend we put together the Auto Twirler my Son Dan bought at the Turkey Run. Thing weighs like 600 pounds. We figure we can use it for lots of welding and painting jobs, and his Mustang is about ready to go on it so he can do the rear suspension and paint the underside. He has been wanting one of these for years, and by picking it up at Daytona we saved $ 300 in shipping.

I'm going to put my rpu on it next to do the underside and the body work. :D

Don

This is the one he got, the Pro model, and he upgraded to air over hydraulic to make it easier to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYX8koc8LJs

Latest posts

Back