Spring question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, any symmetrical leaf spring can be used if it is the correct length and strength. You can always remove a leaf or two if it is too strong.

The shackle is there merely to accommodate the flex of the spring, as it lengthens when compressed. As long as it has enough travel to accomplish this all is well.

I don't see any reason to reinvent the wheel, just use any commercial shackle that fits the spring, such as the ones it is fitted with at the factory.

Check out the "Links" section, look up the one "Spring info". Eaton in Detroit has a tech section that talks about measuring the length etc. of leaf springs. Might have exactly what your looking for info wise.:)

springs.jpg I was kind of looking for one my self but I guess I'll just buy one

10-4 Mine is a front end from a 60 chevy van and im going to make it a single spring . so I'll figure out how wide it will be when I get further a long (I do thank you for the offer) I have to make brackets to bolt to the axle, for the spring to fit .

Latest posts

Back