Jegs $200 Plasma Cutter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the cut 50, I would think Jegs just had the Chinese put their name on it. Mine works great I did have switch problem that I fixed. They cut nice and the consumables are cheap. I would go for the cut 50 if they offer it,the extra 10 amps may come in handy.

That is the exact machine as the Lotos LTP5000D that I bought. Mine is the 50 amp and does a really good job up to 1/4 not so much above that tho.
My Hypertherm 600 is a 40 amp machine and will cleanly cut 1/2", the 50 amp Lotos doesn't even come close to the quality of cut or thickness but the Hypertherm was 7 time that price.
I really like the Lotos because of the portability, it can run on 110v or 220v and it's perfect for the hot rod hobby.
Make sure the consumables are easy to get and fairly priced.

It's definitely Chinese and I'm surprised at your reviews, fellas. :eek:

I know people with cheap Chinese welding equipment and they're all junk for one reason or the other. Call me chicken, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a $200 plasma. [S

I just went on Jeg's site and the consumables for that machine are ridiculously high.
24.99 for a single change out.
My Lotos is only 23.00 for 15 complete change outs.

Iv'e got a cut 50 too. Has done everything iv'e asked of it. If I was trying to make a living with it might go with a higher priced unit,kinda like HF tools.

Thank you, gentlemen. I'll look at the next level up before I pull the trigger. At this price, I am skeptical, too. When I bought the bottom if the line HF Mig machine, I gave it away as soon as I got my Lincoln out of storage. Hard to beat quality.

Latest posts

Back