How often do you drive it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between snow and cold I don't drive the Dodge at all in the winter. I prefer seat heaters, Blizzaks, AWD and the all around practicality of my Sienna mini van. During Spring Summer and Fall I leave the Sienna down at my shop/office 4 miles from home, then I drive the Dodge or my bicycle to and from there. But during the day I run my errands around town in the Sienna because the Dodge is too much work. However, I look forward to my drive home after work and usually take the long way. [cl

Attachments

• IMG_4660.jpg
    IMG_4660.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 28
The '66 Caddy is my winter beater. The '48 Olds is the fair weather car - no wiper, defog, and radiator doesn't keep up after 80 degrees. The '63 F100 is any other time and if I need to haul something that won't fit in the trunk of the Caddy. :p If I have to. I'll borrow my wife's '11 F150 for a long haul or towing, but otherwise it's one of the oldies.

These are some great pics of driving around. I forgot to take pics of my drive arounds this past weekend...all 60 mile round trips. I am enjoying these "drive around" scenes, hope to see more.

EDIT: Just took it to grocery store before it rains.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I drove my 440 cuda daily till I was broke... :eek:
hybrid car for sure... burned fuel & rubber a lot quicker than I could earn

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• STC_0173.jpg
    STC_0173.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 62
  • STC_0174.jpg
    STC_0174.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 61
  • STC_0226.jpg
    STC_0226.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 61
  • STC_0227.jpg
    STC_0227.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 61
  • STC_0306.jpg
    STC_0306.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 77
I drive mine as much as possible. I used to drive it to work here and there, but with my current commute I have no interest in driving it to work, too many idiots.

If I'm going out to run errands and don't need to take one of my dailies then I take the 46. It's just so much more fun. Of course all winter it's parked, we get nasty winter and lots of salt.

How often do you drive it??

With all the rain we are getting lately, "not near enough".
The wiper is mostly for looks, I wouldn't want to get caught in a rainstorm in the 36.

With all the rain we are getting lately, "not near enough".
The wiper is mostly for looks, I wouldn't want to get caught in a rainstorm in the 36.

The cables under the dash are disconnected on mine, a pain to put back together, I decided the car looked better without wipers. So I am a fair weather driver, and invested in the RainX.

But Florida sudden thunderstorms are brutal, and I tried to make it home from our local meet when a late afternoon storm came up. I didn't. RainX or not, I couldn't see a thing.

With the cold, wet spring we're having and with the workload I have, cleaning up around here, I haven't driven a hot rod yet this year. The running car, the Fiat is still stored in Wisconsin. Gonna hafta get that car pretty soon. We'll be into fall before you know it.

Latest posts

Back