Fred...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch

RRR Supportor
crappy day... Had to put down my buddy Fred the goat :(

Attachments

• IMGP9106.jpg
    IMGP9106.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 44
Tell us a little bit about Fred
Did you raise him from a kid?

no... not even close. I`ve known Fred since last January...
Last winter I moved to an old farmhouse and I purchased a bunch of equipment and supplies from the previous owner. 7 Dutch land goats, 5 goose ,2 cats and and a few chickens already lived there so they stayed. Turned out all animals were close to death... The goats were just skin with bones on wet ground with no place to hide. The p.o. told me Fred was the one to keep an eye on ,because he would drag you out of the meadow. [S
Turned out he was hungry and in pain and really sweet as could be.
Fred had hoofcancer and I tried to save him the last 6 months (I`m a farrier by trade) to no reveal. The cancer cause so much difference in toe lenght ,it caused artritis. He had some good days but most of the time he only walked get some food or water... did my best, time to say goodbye.

The other goats are doing very well, added some weight and they got hair again. They are super friendly always come to say hi when I enter the meadow, where they used to run for cover. some people just dont deserve animals.

Attachments

• IMGP9329.jpg
    IMGP9329.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 17
  • IMGP9296.jpg
    IMGP9296.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP9287.jpg
    IMGP9287.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMGP8676.jpg
    IMGP8676.jpg