Nash project 2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No progress on Nash yet but Hey I've got some color brewing !! I am still going to work each day ! Yesterday I sat on a stool and welded shock boxes all day , but today I was on my feet all day welding tie rods and 4-link bars ! I can limp a bit better than Saturday so that's good ! I'm sure it will take a while to get back to 100% ! I worked out in shop about 3 hrs last night (after wife left for work ) but I think I'll rest tonight !!

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 33
Little progress !

Well I made some more progress on the Nash by way of gathering more parts and getting Cadillac all cut up and out of the way !i have some work to do on this Torino GT to do then it's all out Nash ! OH and I'm healing up a bit too ! No time to slow down ! I even had my wife helping me cut up Cadillac carcass!

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 30
Well I made some more progress on the Nash by way of gathering more parts and getting Cadillac all cut up and out of the way !i have some work to do on this Torino GT to do then it's all out Nash ! OH and I'm healing up a bit too ! No time to slow down ! I even had my wife helping me cut up Cadillac carcass!
Another blast from the past. My Torino GT was that mustard yellow. I think Ford gave it a better name, but it was still mustard yellow. Came and went cheap in the '80s. :(

One step closer by adding parts !

Well I have been looking for one of these shifters to put in the dash of the Nash so as to have a clean look on the floor area because I really won't have a tunnel per say ,since the engine is in the rear ! Snagged it today and will have it by the weekend ! It came out of a 65-68 Dodge van dash mount !đź‘Ť

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 33
Narrower

Well no pics to show but I put my front tires and wheels on the C4 front end and took a measurement! Taking a measurement from my other Nash wagon with the FatMan Fabrication mustang 2 front end , I am going to have to narrow the C4 front end 11 1/2" ! :eek:

Have not had a chance to work on the Nash but got another piece for it ! I'm making my scoop for the 500 out of a 1958 Johnson motor shroud ! It will be painted to match truck ! I have some emblems for it too !

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 39
covered

Those C4's are wider than most people think.

I guess with the scoop, the stealth covered engine idea bit the dust, huh?

The more I put things together (mentally) the more I think that I
wont cover the engine ! I want to be able to view suspension and everything that is going on back there! Heat may be a factor as well !
The C4 cradle is perfect for narrowing ! I did cut away the rack mounts and engine mounts already and that leaves a nice flat plane to work with !
Ill get some pics soon ! [P

Latest posts

Back