53 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tires are mounted, and the passenger side running board is finished. Planning to work under the truck the rest the day with the grinder. wont be picture worthy, but will be progress.

Attachments

• wheels on 2.jpg
    wheels on 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 81
WOW!! Those are some BIG, FAT TIRES!!!:cool::D

Nothin' wrong with that at all, they look good on there.

Oh yeah, I really like what you've done with your floating grille emblem and those running boards are a stroke of genius, my friend![P Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Shea:)

man what a tight fit. had to chop 3 inches off each side of the mount. there goes whatever warranty jc whitney had on it. Did I mention tight....wow. This is the first motor I have ever put in alone. Usually I am helping someone else do it, or have help. Talk about a sence of acomplishment. It was just that kinda day. I got sick of waiting on my wonderful friends to come help so i cut out the crossmemebers and just did it. Needed done and i am infinatly patient, but sometimes that isnt a virtue. Here she is in the bay.

Attachments

• in.jpg
    in.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 45
got the floor shifter in today. Wasnt the super weird one I wanted (homemade out of welded together chain) but rather a boring stock one, but its one step closer, and now i can sit in it and grab gears while making "vroom vroom" noises.

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 54
ok, now i have whole other problems. gonna have to get a different type of exhaust manifolds to keep from choppin the frame. The camaro ones that go above the heads may be the only option. heres some pics of it in though just cause I can. Also, gonna redo the wiring while i have it apart. Someone used lamp cord and duct tape to wire it before.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 52
KIT?

have you thought about one of those U-build it headder kits, or modifing a set to work around stuff in the way. on mine, l took and ground off the headder flanges and redid the pipes to fit, then rewelded everything back together.

Later:cool:

Last edited:
Those LOG type exhaust manifolds breath good anyway, judging by you're pics I'm not sure d/s would work tho. We run those on race cars were the rules specify no ram horn manifolds. They work very well.

After church this morning, I went out to my fav salvage yard and picked up some new manifolds. Thats right hes open on sunday. Better than that, I told him what i wanted, he said "take em, if the work, ill take $30 for em, if not bring em back." Started cleaning em up when i got home.

Attachments

• manifolds 1.jpg
    manifolds 1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 37
  • manifolds 2.jpg
    manifolds 2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 41
They did, in the test fit. so I pulled em back off and hit em with the grinder. Took off all the casting #s and the squared off bumps. Then I painted em with 2000 degree paint, who knew that came in red? Ok, flat red (looks like chevy orange in the pic.)

Attachments

• manifold 3.jpg
    manifold 3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 32
  • manifolds 4.jpg
    manifolds 4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back