The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manifolds clear now

IMG_0280-1.jpg

I got frustrated with the trans tunnel and moved to the front of the car. I needed more beef to weld the front crossmember to. 1.5 angle attached with a ton of rosette welds.

IMG_0281-2.jpg

IMG_0282-2.jpg

I got tired of drilling holes, so I attacked the other pieces with a grinder. Slots should function the same as holes.

IMG_0285-1.jpg

IMG_0284-1.jpg

IMG_0291-1.jpg

The I dug into the stack of cop car roll bars again and cut out two bends.

IMG_0295-1.jpg

and made a sleeve from another piece of rollbar (cut a section out and made a smaller tube)
IMG_0296-2.jpg

IMG_0306-3.jpg

IMG_0310-1.jpg

well I have to say there isn't a lack of work up there! maybe after all of that all you use id the trans tunnel and lower part of the fire wall? I like the lower motor position. [P

well I have to say there isn't a lack of work up there! maybe after all of that all you use id the trans tunnel and lower part of the fire wall? I like the lower motor position. [P

Yeah, there was a lot of wasted effort, but it helped me figure out what I did not want it to look like :)

...and besides, taking something apart that was never meant to be taken apart is fun. [ddd

Look on the bright side, less leaves to rake this fall[ddd:D Mother Nature has really been showing herself this spring hasn't she:eek:. Some minor damage round here too but we're so much luckier than a lot of folks.
Good to see progress on the 'Roofus' [cl[cl

It would go faster if you had a bigger wagon for hauling logs to the curb.:D
Always hate to see a big tree lost.

Yeah, that wagon has been through hell. My kids are long past wagon age...it has been used for yard work for the past 10 years. ...and it was under this tree when the tree fell.

I've been thinking about the car some more. I was impressed with how well the firewall brace worked out, that I am thinking about using more cop-car roll bar. I was thinking a hoop behind the dash would be good. I want to mount it on top of the next node back from the firewall. It should do a good job of keeping my outer frame rails from ribboning(flexing side to side) and give me a covientent place to mount steering column stuff.

IMG_0307-3.jpg

The photos I usually have crap everywhere and makes dad's shop look like crap....but it is a really cool place to hang out and be creative.

It is kinda like doing metal fab inside a church. We just need to put stained glass in the end.

IMG_0333-1.jpg

I had planned on taking the flatbed to Beatersville in Louisville, KY next weekend...but now I'm debating spending the three day weekend in the shop.

Not sure what the next step should be, but I wanna do it.

Latest posts

Back