Gastrick update!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill just sent me a video of him WALKING !! He looks terrific, and to think that 2 months ago he couldn't even stand up ! [cl This guy is going to prove all of those Doctors wrong.

One Doctor told him that when she left his room that one night, she said to herself "He isn't going to last an hour." WOW, just shows you what willpower and intestinal fortitude will do for you.

He looks like the Old Bill in that video. Made my day. Can't wait till he gets his feeling back in his hands so that he can rejoin all of his old friends on here, I know he misses it a lot.

Hey here I am folks. I’m still alive and improving. I’d like to th and all of you for the well wishes. I’m being released back in to the wild during the second week of November, back to my own home/shop. I’m still very limited but i’m working hard on that every day. I even drove a car the other day. Thanks again to everybody. I plan on eventually making a full recovery but we’ll see. I’m anxious to get back to work on my projects!!!
Bill

Hey here I am folks. I’m still alive and improving. I’d like to th and all of you for the well wishes. I’m being released back in to the wild during the second week of November, back to my own home/shop. I’m still very limited but i’m working hard on that every day. I even drove a car the other day. Thanks again to everybody. I plan on eventually making a full recovery but we’ll see. I’m anxious to get back to work on my projects!!!
Bill

OMG, Bill, that is the best news EVER !!! I have been meaning to call you, but have been doing a little recuperating of my own. But you have been on my mind constantly.

You are my hero and one tough son of a gun. :D Can't wait to see you too.

I just got off the phone with Bill...………..he sounds FANTASTIC ! [cl We traded hospital stories, talked about our toys, and vowed to see each other again at Turkey Run next year.

He said the same thing I feel, it is such a good thing for our heads to go to our shops and simply look at and touch our cars. It reminds us of us before these little setbacks. Both of us are working hard to get back to where we were before these things happened.

I meant it when I said he is my hero...…..I thought about him a lot while laying in the hospital hooked up to every machine in the world. I kept thinking how my problems were so minor compared to what Bill faced, and BEAT.

I always thought the world of Bill, and his family, but have so much more respect for him today , than ever. Like I said, he is one tough son of a gun.:D

"He said the same thing I feel, it is such a good thing for our heads to go to our shops and simply look at and touch our cars. It reminds us of us before these little setbacks. Both of us are working hard to get back to where we were before these things happened".....donsrods

Don, that is very true. After my 10 day stint at the hospital ritz, When my brother(RIP Tim) brought me home, he asked me which way I wanted to go when we got on the property out here. I told him to go the long way. Well, he knew, the long way is around the place and down by the barn on the way in to the house. My family and friends were here to see me and the first thing we did was go into the barn and fire up the 31. Fuel filter started to leak. Shut down, fix leak, crank it back up! Threw my keys to my buddy and told him to take my daughter for a ride....it felt good to see it, to hear it, and to see it run...best medicine I had in 10 days!

Last edited:
Bill is going at his rehab the same way he builds his cars, 110%. I would expect nothing less from him. It makes me so happy to see the progress he has made. Way back in the early days of RRR Bill sent me some hard to find Anglia parts, no charge. He's simply a first class guy.
I know what you are saying Don & smalls. This morning I showed up for shoulder rehab with a hospital boot on my damaged foot (big piece of steel landed on my arch yesterday, no broken bones, but a world class bruise and mucho swelling). Afterward I went home, into the garage and made some spacers to put the new manifold on my dragster. Just can't quit.

Bill is going at his rehab the same way he builds his cars, 110%. I would expect nothing less from him. It makes me so happy to see the progress he has made. Way back in the early days of RRR Bill sent me some hard to find Anglia parts, no charge. He's simply a first class guy.
I know what you are saying Don & smalls. This morning I showed up for shoulder rehab with a hospital boot on my damaged foot (big piece of steel landed on my arch yesterday, no broken bones, but a world class bruise and mucho swelling). Afterward I went home, into the garage and made some spacers to put the new manifold on my dragster. Just can't quit.

That sums up Bill to a T. He literally would give you the shirt off of his back, even if he were freezing himself. He entire family was and is that way......if you met them once, they were family to you.

From knowing Bill, it has made me re-evaluate my own life and thinking. He sets the bar very high, and that is the way he lives every day of his life.

Latest posts

Back