53 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
came home from work today and about three houses from me I see a late 80s Lincoln with the hood up and a guy frantically pouring water into the radiator. Laying in the back of my IHC is a gallon of antifreeze. I pull it out and take it over to the guy. Turns out he is a professional welder. He's coming over in a bit to give me a hand with any welding that has to be done on the IHC. Who says being nice doesn't pay.

LOL

Why is I can picture you late night on yer back layin under the front of his car crankin open the petcock valve drainin his radiator thinkin (ill wait dwn the road with this gallon of antifreeze and when it overheats Ill give it to him and then he will have to weld for me! mwahahaha) LOL RR ;)

came home from work today and about three houses from me I see a late 80s Lincoln with the hood up and a guy frantically pouring water into the radiator. Laying in the back of my IHC is a gallon of antifreeze. I pull it out and take it over to the guy. Turns out he is a professional welder. He's coming over in a bit to give me a hand with any welding that has to be done on the IHC. Who says being nice doesn't pay.

Haha good deal. Truck looks great, can't wait till it's driving down the road! Then it can make vroom noises along with you :)

spent some time on the new rear end today moving the spring perches and yanking the shock mounts off it.

Attachments

• rear end 1.JPG
    rear end 1.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 37
  • rear end 2.JPG
    rear end 2.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 34
  • rear end 3.JPG
    rear end 3.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 35
  • rear end 4.JPG
    rear end 4.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 38
  • rear end 5.JPG
    rear end 5.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 42
loaded her up to take to a friends garage yesterday so we can do the welding and exhaust. and a few suprise body mods that i think will look good.

Attachments

• loaded.jpg
    loaded.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 50
  • garaged.jpg
    garaged.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 39
Ooh, I like surprises. OK, well most surprises. Some surprises anyway. Alright, not really.

This one you have planned sounds fun anyway :D

-Johnson

simple things dont this week. motor sits level and the mounts are welded in place. took the bumper off for a cleaner roll pan, and sanced the roll pan. one of the simpler body mods for the weekend will be the tail lights installed in the roll pan. here are a few pics.

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 44
  • bumper off.jpg
    bumper off.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 41
  • bumper off 2.jpg
    bumper off 2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 42
  • roll pan 1.jpg
    roll pan 1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 44
  • roll pan 2.jpg
    roll pan 2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 46
  • motor leveled.jpg
    motor leveled.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 56
bunch of little stuff done today. curious about which emblem to use. one of my friends like the stock 50's block lettering, and one likes the 60's script style. i have no opinion, but am curious wht all you guys think

Attachments

• emblems.jpg
    emblems.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 34
  • in.jpg
    in.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back