Oh the irony of it...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

last night i smoked a prius at the lights while out taking my son and his girlfriend to the school ball ,, man it felt good too ooh yeah ,,, seems the gaskets have disappeared between the manifold and the exhaust pipe,, the previous owner filled them with silicone gasket ... poor old Stude... dont get me wrong im all for uncapped headers..

i hate global warning conspiracy theories....

Anyway ...

Seriously, you just couldn’t make this up.
A diesel generator for a car charging point.

Attachments

• deisel.jpg
    deisel.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 49
We have a Tesla charging station downtown where I live.
There's a guy with a Tesla that parks and charges there a few days a week. He has a bumper sticker that reads powered by coal. Ha ha

last night i smoked a prius at the lights while out taking my son and his girlfriend to the school ball ,, man it felt good too ooh yeah ,,, seems the gaskets have disappeared between the manifold and the exhaust pipe,, the previous owner filled them with silicone gasket ... poor old Stude... dont get me wrong im all for uncapped headers..

i hate global warning conspiracy theories....

Anyway ...

Seriously, you just couldn’t make this up.
A diesel generator for a car charging point.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I was taught that every time you convert from one type of energy to an other you lose some. seems even less efficient when you look at it that way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I was taught that every time you convert from one type of energy to an other you lose some. seems even less efficient when you look at it that way.

Well, no matter what you're converting energy unless you've figured out how to charge from a lightning bolt! :D But that diesel generator is spewing out those evil gases, so it's not like clean energy from wind or nuclear. Does defeat the purpose. But really, charging from the grid is likely to come from a coal plant so this might even be better? :confused:

I'd like to get a count on the number of worn out/disabled wind generators in the country. I know a guy in the industry and he says they fail way before they payback the investment.

When ya smoke a Prius, do ya get a buzz???:D

Tough to find rolling papers that size, but it tastes like plastic bags and smells like arrogance!

I'd like to get a count on the number of worn out/disabled wind generators in the country. I know a guy in the industry and he says they fail way before they payback the investment.

I believe it's true... of course, the losses are easily absorbed by the taxpayer and the consumer! :mad:

Ive been told most of them up here by us arent even hooked to the grid

I don't think solar is much better. I had a system put up and they were supposed to wipe out my electric bills and pay for it self. neither is happening.

I don't think solar is much better. I had a system put up and they were supposed to wipe out my electric bills and pay for it self. neither is happening.

I think all new houses in California have to have solar panels installed. Probably don’t work too good at night or on cloudy days.

I don't know if it's true but, I was told buy a guy that seemed to have knowledge on the subject that Solar Panels have a service life of about 25 years. He also said they have not figured out how to throw them away yet either. Apparently they're pretty toxic.

I leased mine for 30 yrs, if they fail they replace them. I have 18 panels, not sure of the kh. After 4 yrs I figure I have saved about $500 a yr. Not a lot but the bill is consistent and it is greener [S

this could explain a lot.
On average, rental payments for the placement of a single wind turbine lease can pay landowners up to $8,000 per year. Thus, wind farming can quickly become quite valuable, especially for larger locations that can host several hundred wind turbines.

sounds good if you are a land owner.

I think a standard array of panels around here is 16. You can go bigger or small if you want. But they say that is the most efficient way to pay them back and create energy

I leased mine for 30 yrs, if they fail they replace them. I have 18 panels, not sure of the kh. After 4 yrs I figure I have saved about $500 a yr. Not a lot but the bill is consistent and it is greener [S

Lease sounds interesting Soltz. I have good southern exposure and a 4-12 roof pitch. Looking at numbers and considering options.

Lease sounds interesting Soltz. I have good southern exposure and a 4-12 roof pitch. Looking at numbers and considering options.

Im an electrician by trade. I havent seen a system work like the claim they are supposed to yet

Latest posts

Back