Just came in from the garage........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Farm

Ol school snake charmer!
....doing some cleaning and organizing in preparation for (read that "in hopes of") building my first Rat Rod this winter. And speaking of winter, is it really that time again :eek::confused::confused: As I was shoveling a path to the wood shed this evening through 10" of snow (our first significant snowfall this year) I thought where did the summer of 2010 go? It somehow slipped by without me making any real progress on my automotive projects but that's water under the bridge and here I am again with 3-4 month of winter build time to hopefully put a Rat on the road in the summer of 2011.

I've been lurking here at RRR for some time and finally joined recently when I became seriously bitten by the Rat Rod bug due to a casual remark my brother-in-law made. He and my sister are into Caramos as is my nephew (see the May issue of Muscle Car Review)
TheoinMuscleCarReview.jpg

But the current project at their house is my nephew's '46 Dodge PU Rat Rod. I was visiting them recently and checking out the progress on the Dodge when my brother-in-law said "you know, you should build a Rat Rod. Heck you have one that is almost finished if you'd just dig it out and hit it hard this winter you could be driving it this summer".....and I've been fired up ever since because he's right........especially about the DIGGING! LOL So that's where I am Rat Rod wise, hopefully I will soon get to the bottom of nine years worth of throwing stuff on top of said "near finished Rat Rod" and see if it is indeed Rat material? When I see it you'll see it....hope to post some pics soon and maybe start a build thread.

Oh, and me....I hail from just south of the Mason Dixon Line, married 31 years, have a 26 year old daughter and an awesome son-in-law who's eager to help me with my Rat Rod build. I am a carpenter by trade and a car nut the rest of the time so keep an eye on me......I'm liable to be welding 2X4's [;) and nailing on fenders :eek:
Wish me luck and you can call me "Ray"

Were you in commercials for Anheuser-Busch Natural Light Beer?[S

LOL, No, but I once loved a girl named Ramona that kinda looked like Tempest Storm, and she could dance like "Little Egypt"........................

Thanks guys for the warm welcome:) I'm glad I found this board and I'm excited about building a Rat Rod. I moved some more stuff this evening and exposed the bigger part of the drivers side of this beast. Although I never envisioned it as a Rat Rod before I do believe it has potential. I'll try to post up a pic tomorrow night and see what you guys think. If this thing does indeed become the "Snake Farm" shop truck that will make the 3rd or 4th time I've changed directions on it:eek::eek:...........originally bought it to build a "monster truck" :rolleyes: Well, now you know it's a truck and tomorrow you'll see a pic.
Thanks again for the warm welcome:)

Ray

Well I finally dug down far enough to actually climb in my truck and make some motor sounds :eek: Maybe that will get me revved up :D I didn't mention how I found RRR in my intro but I was Googling for pics of chopped Willys trucks and it brought me here to a thread started by Chopper Tom and then to MotorMech's build thread.......I'm glad I found this board and I'm glad to be excited about my old truck again after all these years.
So as promised here's a few pics of my '53 Willys

I can see it but it's still full of stuff!
3movedsomeboxes11-9-10Large.jpg

Finally emptied out...
7cabisemptiedout11-9-10Large.jpg

Climbing in for the first time in 8 or 9 years:eek:
8climbinginforthefirsttimeinyears11-9-10Large.jpg

Ya can't see it but there's a smile on my face...
9feelsgoodtositinitagain1-9-1Large.jpg

I believe I could get into working on this old thing again [;):cool:
and if I don't get laughed off here for full fenders and an IFS maybe I'll get a build thread started! Let me know what you all think:confused:

Ray

Ray good thing you had it buried for 8-9 years you might have sold it LOL
learned how to drive in a 48 3 on the tree good luck

Charley Davidson: top looks cool as if it was chopped?

The side windows on these trucks are taller than the windshield so even with a chop you still have pretty good visibility out the side.....and yes it is chopped, 6 inches

busch: Ray good thing you had it buried for 8-9 years you might have sold it LOL

If you only knew the half of it...........I've owned this truck for 30 years:eek::eek:

Ray

That first pic made me want to cry. Things that don't belong on a rat rod: billet and BOXES! :p

The chop looks good. Full fender - why not!? With the chop it'll still look cool. Get a build thread going and get back to work! [;)

Latest posts

Back