1932 Chevy sedan, chop, channel, corvette

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickyBobby

Hey guys, here is what I'm building, I started with a 32 sedan I picked out of San tan valley, got it for 300 bucks, rough but little hammer and dolly work, so steel; good as new. Got it off the trailer, on a dolly, chopped it 6", got doors swinging wrong ways. I decided to put the body over the drivetrain out of a 99 6spd corvette. One to be different and fast and another because my grandfather was the chief drivetrain engineer for the creation of the corvette in 53' until 78'.

Let me know what ya guys think, the beauty of the drive train is the torque tube I have more foot space than I know what to do with! It's only 5" diameter

picture sharing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 27
Great body work. The running gear is cool because it is different. It will be interesting to see how the engine/front end looks when it is finished. So far so good.

Thanks guys, I wish I spent a little more time on the b pillars but I'm happy with it. First time with any extensive body work/chopping so I'm happy. The front kinda scares me right now the rails will be a little further apart than normal/what I like. Might look into a English wheel and make my own grill shell that fit the space a little better.

I got everything from air bag it here in az, 200 for hinges and mini bear claws with install kits, they work pretty good the doors are loading them real hard because I have no b pillar support. If I hold the door up and open they work awesome, hinges are nice they have brass bushings and all, I tightened them up a touch to take what little slop they had out, my only complaint is the box size, the b pillar I out in is 1x2 and they stick out pretty far when closed, i got a couple ideas to hide them

http://www.airbagit.com/Suicide-Doors-and-parts-p/door-sui-08.htm

Once I get the chassis built I'll have a better idea but just gonna do a standard floor, poly body mount. The torque tube is going to get polished and cleared and be exposed, so the floor will run under it, I'll have that portion of the floor bolt in so I can still put the engine/tube/trans assembly down like the corvette is from the factory

Latest posts

Back