What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jetted my truck and got some parts to tune it some more. The plugs were just barely on the white side so I'll need to cruise with some new plugs and check it again. Got a new battery disconnect switch - mine died in Great Falls - which I'll put in tonight.

Been selling parts on Craigslist. Just items I've been saving for some future project. I
now realize there won't be any future projects. Just hoping to complete the Bantam and roadster plus repairs and modifications to a few others.

In addition to selling parts I've got stashed in the woods (It's going slow, not much interest) I decided to clean out my steel rack, getting rid of all the short pieces. Got over half loaded in the truck. Who would think a person could accumulate this much?

Attachments

• steel and scoop 005.jpg
    steel and scoop 005.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 49
  • steel and scoop 006.jpg
    steel and scoop 006.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 41
You haven't seen my junk pile. Every couple of years 2 good trailers full leave here and that's the stuff I'm not trying to use...I think it's an addiction...:rolleyes:

I built a rack system for all my stock including short pieces. I can find it faster that way.

OI, I had it sorted and stored in a manner where I could find what I needed. Just won't need it anymore. This is the leftovers from building around 10 hot rods.

Pay good money at the steel yard, get pennies at the scrap yard. What a deal.

First drive!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20190121_153915.jpg
    20190121_153915.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190121_161749.jpg
    20190121_161749.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 29
OI, I had it sorted and stored in a manner where I could find what I needed. Just won't need it anymore. This is the leftovers from building around 10 hot rods.

Pay good money at the steel yard, get pennies at the scrap yard. What a deal.

Wish I was closer. Lots of good stock in that truck Bob.

Fixed some welds

I've been going through welding school to get a couple certs and in doing so I've been re-inspecting some of my early amateur welds, and upon closer inspection I was horrified that I ever thought they were good'nuff. So I cut them out and re-welded them proper. Much happier

I've been going through welding school to get a couple certs and in doing so I've been re-inspecting some of my early amateur welds, and upon closer inspection I was horrified that I ever thought they were good'nuff. So I cut them out and re-welded them proper. Much happier

[cl[cl[cl
:cool:

Drove from Tampa, Fl. (80degrees) to Stillwater, Mn. (1 degree) this weekend and just received 8" of snow today. Shoulda stayed down south.

Since I go back to work tomorrow, my weekend is ending now.

I got a bracket built and installed the dual master cylinder on the 36. I also have all 4 wheel cylinders installed and rear done except one line 12" long. Front is waiting until I can see if if I can find wheel seals then I can put the drums on. Also waiting on a hose from the parts store for the front.

Also dropped the driveline at the shop, so I can hopefully have it back by next Wednesday.

First I quit my job. Fully retired for now. After the Jay Leno thing I figured it was all down hill, which it was getting to be quickly.

Then I replaced my throttle cable...because it snapped! Fortunately I was around the corner and I idled it home. Got one of those universal kits and it works great, the old one was obviously binding.

Then I started to have the hood unlatching deal as soon as I got it past 40. weak springs, worn latch, or both, I have the unseen bungy cord holding it down, problem solved.

I finally found the sweet spot between timing and Holley mixture screws, car is running great! I celebrated all above by taking my bud out for a ride and some brews and shots.

A bunch of the local tuners and modern hot-rodder types had a "car meet" yesterday in my old home town, so my buddy and I went down to lend a little support and take the cars for a drive. He has a '66 Mustang with a beefed-up six banger in it he gave to his wife, and it's a pretty neat little car. The guy putting the deal together asked us to park up on the grass with his club, and the cars got some interest from the young guys...that was fun. The weather was iffy, and when I finally headed home, it looked good and black towards my house. This is a picture of the beginning of the snow I ran into. It turned to blizzard conditions and treacherous footing for the last twenty miles or so. I was danged glad to get home safe and sound. :D I didn't take any pics at the meet...I was too busy watching people, including a 'rival" car club full of fools driving by and revving up their popcorn poppers. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Car meet drive home 3_3_19.jpg
    Car meet drive home 3_3_19.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back