Chevy considering the $100,000 Silverado!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Unfortunately, truck prices have been close to that range for us for 10+ years. :(

Since they're talking about Luxury pickups, I just priced out a top of the line Denali 1500 and Denali 2500 on the GMC Canada website. $87,000 for the 1500 and $97,000 for the 2500. That's without any sales tax, which ranges from 5-15% depending on the Province.

Even just a general 1500 with decent options and leather is over $60,000.

For $100K it would have to have a kitchen, bathroom and at least two bedrooms! [ddd

Zipper

Wouldn't buy a new vehicle even if I hit the lottery, prices have
gotten way out of control, they have acres of vehicles sitting on
storage lots they can't sale so they make more at even higher prices
trying to recover lost profits...[S[S They offer BIG price cuts 9,10k
or more trying to move inventory, if they can do that at one time of year
they could do it when the vehicle first comes out maybe they would sell
more... how does a young person trying to make a living making 15 bucks
or less an hour make a 500.00+- payment plus ins. and upkeep...
Sorry to ramble on but this is one of my big peeves....don't get me
started on electric cars or self driving....:mad::D

We bought our last new vehicle in 1987, a Pontiac Sunbird, not exactly high on the food chain. After that one, I said never again! I cannot afford even the lowest priced new vehicle sold now, and probably wouldn't want it anyway.

I've paid around $40,000 each for the last few semi trucks I've bought, and paid them off in three years, but they made their own payment as long as they were running. For $100,000, I could buy a NICE nearly new Peterbilt that would pay for itself, not cost me money. But I'm trying to get away from making payments, I want everything paid for before I enter semi retirement.

Agreed that new prices are absolutely crazy! Used to buy only new vehicles, but after pricing went skyhigh, I found a truck I liked that was a few years old and only had 8,000 miles on it...went past a Ford dealer yesterday and a new F150 out front had a large sign on it that said $11,000 off! WTH? How much were they gouging people to lower it that much???!!

went past a Ford dealer yesterday and a new F150 out front had a large sign on it that said $11,000 off! WTH? How much were they gouging people to lower it that much???!!

They have $16K off on trucks in our local newspaper! I thought the same thing you did!

iSore

Agreed that new prices are absolutely crazy! Used to buy only new vehicles, but after pricing went skyhigh, I found a truck I liked that was a few years old and only had 8,000 miles on it...went past a Ford dealer yesterday and a new F150 out front had a large sign on it that said $11,000 off! WTH? How much were they gouging people to lower it that much???!!

Pickup trucks have the biggest margin of anything the dealerships sell. At $11-16,000 off, they're still probably making a bunch of money.

Latest posts

Back