1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sneaky, I can't say we made it quite in one piece :eek:
The first and only thing to go was, the metal roof that someone put on it :eek:.

Yeah sometimes they will play "hanzel and gretyl" on you, leaving bits and pieces all the way to the house.LOL Hopefully nothing was damaged.

Nope, after the top skin left, all else road well.

I lost a 73 firebird formula hood on a trip once... It was one of those factory fiberglass dual snorkel hoods. I sold my 73 because I had found a 71 that was in better shape.
I was delivering the car and had to send the guy the one I was going to use on my car when I got back home to square the deal.

I like keeping the components true to the make, most of the time, too.
I put a 73 455 in my 40 Pontiac and was concerned that I may only get 5 or 6 mpg but, when we took a road trip to Quincy Il, for the Tin Bender show, it got 17 mpg at 70 mph. It was only turning 1600 with the overdrive :cool:

Yeah, lots of people around here assume that if you have a big block you have to get lousy gas mileage. I expect my 455 in my 46 to get almost 20 MPG, with the way it's set up, and my brother and dad both have similar setups and get 20 MPG, with TH400's and 3.42 rear gears, but we run 31 inch tall tires so the cruise RPMs are nice and low.

Good luck with your project, that is a beautiful car!

Yeah, lots of people around here assume that if you have a big block you have to get lousy gas mileage. I expect my 455 in my 46 to get almost 20 MPG, with the way it's set up, and my brother and dad both have similar setups and get 20 MPG, with TH400's and 3.42 rear gears, but we run 31 inch tall tires so the cruise RPMs are nice and low.

I'm runnin a Holley 750 Hp and would probably get 20 if I change it to a different style.
They run a little rich being as they are generally used for race applications only :eek:

a 455 is about 23% bigger than a 350
1500 rpm is about 23% slower than 1900 rpm
a 455 at 1500 rpm and a 350 at 1900 rpm are both displacing about the same amount of air.
at 1500 rpm the burned fuel in the 455 has more time to burn completely, more square inches to push against, a longer stroke crank to create torque and also a longer amount of time to push against the crank before the piston is all the way down.
A 455 at 1500 can do more work on less gas than a 350 at 1900

being run juduciously a good big block will run more efficiently than an over taxed smallblock.

the 350 in my chevy dually gets 12 empty and 6 towing another truck
the 460 in the 1 ton 4x4 van I used to gave got 9-11 mpg empty and 7.5 to 8 towing the same

Torch, I never looked at it that way but, it makes sense.
Thanks GJM
As soon as I get the addition to my shop up, I'm gonna start on the 33.
Looks like that's gonna take about 3 wks

Alright

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
This should be in my paws tomorrow with any luck.

Attachments

• 34 Pontiac surround and grille.jpg
    34 Pontiac surround and grille.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 34 Pontiac surround and grille 2.jpg
    34 Pontiac surround and grille 2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 277
  • 34 Pontiac surround and grille 3.jpg
    34 Pontiac surround and grille 3.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 68
Tim carter here hope you made it home ok with her. I will try to start posting progress pics of my 33 Pontiac 3 window . Keep me posted on how she's going

Tim carter here hope you made it home ok with her. I will try to start posting progress pics of my 33 Pontiac 3 window . Keep me posted on how she's going
Hi Tim, yeah we made it to the Ponderosa and it's all covered up right now.
Picked up a grille on dabay that's in pretty darn good shape.

Built another 20' onto my shop, got my press brake in and running, putting lights up today so, by the first of the week I'm starting on the build. I'll keep progress pics too.
I love your 3 window and I'm eager to see your build on here [P

Alright, I finally got the shop addition, the electric, the press brake and the shop cleaned up.
I moved the next project 33 Pontiac, into the center bay and am starting on the build.

14.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

:eek: Wow Flipper, you must have ESP [cl
Yep I'm gonna do a sedan delivery out of this 4 door.
The ole gal needs the rest of the wood removed and replaced with square tubing.
I've got this 33 Pontiac 4 door for the parts I'll need.

IMG_6902Large.jpg

:eek: Wow Flipper, you must have ESP [cl
Yep I'm gonna do a sedan delivery out of this 4 door.
The ole gal needs the rest of the wood removed and replaced with square tubing.
I've got this 33 Pontiac 4 door for the parts I'll need.

Are you going to do one big door on the back? or ambulance doors?

Latest posts

Back