1950 Stude Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, you're transmission cross member is in backwards :D

Just kidding. Nice progress and oh so little rust to deal with. I really like this car.

Well, I'm going to have to make the left side mount 1" longer after I bolted it on into position I noticed the trans mount location is offset to the right by 1"??? I'll just weld an extension on it rather than cutting out a new one.

Also got the rears hocks mounted stock location on the crossmember works just fine. I'll have to space the shock out 1/2" on thee lower mounting stud. But I didn't have to change anything.

I love your cars man! true inspiration coming out of NM! i swear one day i will come checkout your shop.

I love your cars man! true inspiration coming out of NM! i swear one day i will come checkout your shop.

Anytime, just give me a call.

Got a little done this morning. I extended the left side trans mount and welded both on.

003-2.jpg

Here are some pictures of the rear shocks. I just need to cut a couple os spacers for the stude and go to the Pull-a Part and find some shock washers.

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

keep up the good work.....can't wait to see you lowering the body back down after getting that frame all "prettied up":D

anxiously waiting,[P
HRP

Got all the mounts and crossmembers welded up. I was going to to put some angled braces in but i think the frame will be strong enough without them.

Now I just have to blast the frame and get it all cleaned up. Then I'll primer and paint with single stage epoxy. The frame will be satin black.

All the brackets and non-stainless steel suspension parts will be powder coated. My neighbor has a walk-in size oven for powder coating. Not big enough for the frame but everything else can fit. I'll buy the powder and he'll just charge me for the baking.

Great Job as always!! Could you do a guy a favor and see if your sisters has any more of those sweet looking engines laying around

Got the fuel line run along the inside of the frame on the passenger side for a Chevy engine. I used 3/8" aluminum tubing with stainless steel tubing clamps.

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-3.jpg

On the ends I used 3/8" compression fittings X 6 AN hose to the tank and fuel pump.

004-2.jpg

Ran the rear brake line on the inside of the drives side. Used 1/4" steel.

005-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

I will probably cut 2- 3 1/2" holes and sleeve them to run the exhaust pipe through the center crossmember. I will be able to make a straight run from under the trans crossmember and keep the pipes up high out of the way.

007a.jpg

I got the bottom half of the frame primered today. Went out ot the the shop about 9 am and fired up my 2 heaters by about 2 PM it was almpst 60 degrees inisde. High of 26 degrees today and 15 mph winds. Tomorrow I'll flip it over and get the top primered and try to finish it on Monday. Then I'm going to CA for a week. Should have just stayed home and worked on the car!! :mad:

I'm using Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black.

002-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

It really looks good . so, with the eastwood extreme you still have to primer ? I've never used it before but probably will soon on my next project

Don that is a sweet build you are on there BTW did you ever put up that "sign"? and since you got a line on motors trade for a roadster???:D

Latest posts

Back