Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to making some sparks today.
More cutting and fitting in of the donor inner fender well.
Not pretty, but neither am I..... Anymore.:p
Much more welding followed by grinding yet to come. Then just like the fenders it will get sealed with Chassis saver then undercoated.
If I had dutch's talent I would have shaped a new inner well out fo clean metal.:D
You can see from the pics that this DS rear quarter need a lot more rust repair where the fender bolts to it.
Thats for another day. Tomorrow I tackle the area right at the rear of the opening.
Thanks for stopping by.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 22
Moving kind of slow. Saw my new Cardiologist on Friday and he changed up some of my meds. (This is what happens when you have the same one for 10 years and then he splits the scene for some better green.:eek: ). I'm thinking he's got my BP down too low.
Anyway......
Just about finished stitching up the inner well. Be fore I do the area behind the patch panel I mad I thought I would trial fit the fender.:eek: :eek:
Looks like some hammer and dolly work will be needed to reshape the edge.
I will take off the fender and weld that all together first then tack it back on and get a truer outline.
Of course to do all this I had to put the body back down so at some point I will be on the floor weather I like it or not. Unless I can come up with another place to snatch it with a strap in the back.
That's all for now.
Thanks for visiting....
Torchie.

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 19
Several years ago I was in cardiac rehab. The Doc had my BP so low every time I went to rehab they wanted to send me to ER. BP like 85/45, heart rate 38. Went a year like that and was like a zombie. Finally went to Mayo and got fixed.

Every time I see a side view of the MOPAR I am re-impressed at how vastly you improved that style-less body. You've got the eye.

Could you grab it through the package shelf?

I will readily admit that I've never cared for the MoPar styling from 49 through 54, and maybe even through 56. As others have said, you have vastly improved it.

Several years ago I was in cardiac rehab. The Doc had my BP so low every time I went to rehab they wanted to send me to ER. BP like 85/45, heart rate 38. Went a year like that and was like a zombie. Finally went to Mayo and got fixed.
Every time I see a side view of the MOPAR I am re-impressed at how vastly you improved that style-less body. You've got the eye.[/QUO
TE]
Thanks bob. :) I hear you. My former DR wanted it as close to 100/50 as I could get it.
At pt I have been running about 106/55 with as low as 80/50. They always say the same to me when it's that low. "Are you ok?".:D
The pace maker took care of the heart rate. I'll give it a bit more to let things settle before I make a call to the new guy.

Good luck with the new Dr. You work always impresses me. Keep going.[P[P
Thanks kenny. Hoping things in your world are starting to settle down. Stay strong..

Could you grab it through the package shelf?

I will readily admit that I've never cared for the MoPar styling from 49 through 54, and maybe even through 56. As others have said, you have vastly improved it.

Thanks Neto.
It's like taking a big block and knocking some of the squareness off.:eek::p
Package shelf won't be a issue as it's still cut out.
I'll come up with something while I'm working on that fender. May just be a beam thru the rear quarter windows.
Torchie

Torchie, I think you and Michelangelo said the same things, [are you related?]. He said "you just take a big chunk of rock and chip off everything that doesn't look like David". Maybe I'm paraphrasing a wee bit. Anyhow, you keep doing your magic, OK?

Torchie, I think you and Michelangelo said the same things, [are you related?]. He said "you just take a big chunk of rock and chip off everything that doesn't look like David". Maybe I'm paraphrasing a wee bit. Anyhow, you keep doing your magic, OK?

LOL. You are close on the Michelangelo quote, Mac. Related???? Not unless he is Polish.:eek: :D
I plan to keep going. Just takes me a lot longer then it used to.:p
Torchie

Found some new lift points and got the custom back up in the air.
This rear fender was just quickly tacked together and didn't really line up so I untacked the bottom 2 pieces and started over.
Much better now.:D
This is all butt ed up. No overlap.
You can also see where some previous owner did rust repairs on this fender.
Tomorrow will be a welding/grinding day.
Thanks for stopping by.:)
Keep on keeping on.......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 26
Welded up the fender today as well as the hole for the gas filler.
I also reshaped the quarter panel patch to fit the contour of the rear fender.
Now I can finish up the inner well area.
Lots of grinding and pin hole filling to do yet.
I stuck the gravel shield on there just for kicks.:eek::cool:
That's it for now.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg