53 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another problem with the truck is that the running boards are rotted to hell and gone. I want to run some because I think these trucks look rediculous without something there. Im contemplating running the newer tube style ones. anyone seen these used in this mannor? If so, do you have pics? opinions are always welcome by the way. If im about to do something stupid, id like to hear it.

I like the valve cover idea , there is so much cross branding as is , that will make alot of folks scratch their heads .... hmmmm [cl

hit up my favorite bone yard today. Got the IHC valve covers. Went to buy the nerf bars, but he only had 1. said the other was stolen. who steals one nerf bar? That puts that part on hold because I dont wanna pay $350 for a set of bars.

Got the valve covers down to the welding shop today. Should be ready some time this week. Funny, Im gonna have more money in them than I do the tranny. Found my nerf bars today too. unfortunatly, they are 2 feet to short. But the price was perfect at $30 for the set. I went to the local metal shop and asked for 3 inch pipe to make extentions. since i didnt need much, they gave it to me. Bought a grinder and an air compressor. Fun times are a comin.

I like the valve cover idea! I would steal that one from ya if I didn't already buy some aluminum ones. Post some pics when ya get em back.

Best friend brought his 59 over today. We have been wanting these trucks since we were 15. were 36 now. i took a picture of them together, as well as a pic of a painting my wife did of them years ago with the design we wanted then. we have changed, but the painting is still cool.

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 96
Best friend brought his 59 over today. We have been wanting these trucks since we were 15. were 36 now. i took a picture of them together, as well as a pic of a painting my wife did of them years ago with the design we wanted then. we have changed, but the painting is still cool.

That's awesome. You need to find a road with green grass and bikini flag girl and try to take a photo exactly the same as the painting.

A guy I know has a private salvage yard in (Im not makin this up) Hogeye Arkansas. I was out there just shooting the $#!t with him yesterday. He showed me this old Transtar 2 cabover and said I could have anything off it i want, no charge, hes gonna crush it. most the usefull stuff is gone anyway. It has some cool door handles, recessed, which I like the look of, and an aluminum gas pedal with the IH emblem stamped in it. goin back this weekend to get em. Hey if its free, its for me.

I swear, truck building is infuriating. you get a perfectly good "plan a" only to find out its much more work than it should be. so you have to rearange everything. In this case, im talking about my "brilliant" plan to use nerf bars instead of the running boards. All well and good till i look closer. the running board brackets support the gas tank. I like it where it is, so thats out. Enter plan b. Old loading ramps from harbor freight someone gave me years ago. a little cutting and here you have new running boards, the sheet metal to hide the fram and tank will be put on by the days end. just takin a break.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 59
I really oughta call this thing "Plan B" because plan a hasnt worked on anything yet. the wheels i want do not fit, so my best friend gave me some unilug. buttered up the parts that i didnt want to paint, then painted the wheels IHC red. Beaned up and painted the hub also. test fit. I haent got the other 3 yet, will this weekend

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 46
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Back