Lethbridge AB swapmeet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

Was going to post this a little sooner but got tied up so to speak. Huge one day swap meet in Lethbridge Ab tomorrow. I think it is the 38 or 39th year for this show and they never advertise it very well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• swapmeet 2018.JPG
    swapmeet 2018.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 82
Hi Dozer. There were four of us from Grande Prairie that went down there to Lethbridge. Did you go and did I walk right past you a couple of times?
I just had enough time to view all of the goodies, :cool:. and buy a few. It was a good swap-meet.

Hi Dozer. There were four of us from Grande Prairie that went down there to Lethbridge. Did you go and did I walk right past you a couple of times?
I just had enough time to view all of the goodies, :cool:. and buy a few. It was a good swap-meet.

You bet I went, and yes we probably walked right past each other, I went around twice. Wasn't as many vendors as the last time I was there. I only bought one item, and early 50's Ram hood emblem for the Fast Four.

Dang, Dozer, we ALMOST met. I was wondering if any of the Undead Sled guys would attend Lethbridge.
One of my pals buys an early fifties Dodge hood ram emblem at every swap-meet and this one was no exception.

Dang, Dozer, we ALMOST met. I was wondering if any of the Undead Sled guys would attend Lethbridge.
One of my pals buys an early fifties Dodge hood ram emblem at every swap-meet and this one was no exception.

If I would have got the post up a few days earlier we probably could have arranged to meet. I bet your buddy got his early Mopar hood ornament just inside the entrance doors on the first or second table in the first isle to the right.

Snopro, there was a lot of old car things there, and some other antiques and nic-nacs, but the one thing that, I think, would have brought tears to your eyes was a four inch drop Model A axle with split wishbones and disc brakes with Chevy bolt pattern.

Was there much there? I thought about going but couldn't make it work.

Not as much as two years ago but enough to keep you looking for a couple three hours.

Snopro, there was a lot of old car things there, and some other antiques and nic-nacs, but the one thing that, I think, would have brought tears to your eyes was a four inch drop Model A axle with split wishbones and disc brakes with Chevy bolt pattern.

That Chevy axle is off a crashed rod, it was there for sale two years ago. I just about bought it this time, but it has a nasty bend in the axle and I felt it carried some bad MOJO so to speak.:rolleyes:

How did you know I was still looking for an axle with a Chevy bolt pattern? [cl

Not as much as two years ago but enough to keep you looking for a couple three hours.

That Chevy axle is off a crashed rod, it was there for sale two years ago. I just about bought it this time, but it has a nasty bend in the axle and I felt it carried some bad MOJO so to speak.:rolleyes:

Hmm yeah, if it had a bend I'd pass on it.

I'll definitely be at the Red Deer swap meet in the spring, regardless.

Snopro, I've been following your threads for years, and my wife says I remember every old car thing I ever heard but she grumbles that I forget Valentines Day sometimes----quite a bit actually. I was really looking at that axle for my new Model A, not yours at all.
Dozer, I missed the twist or bend in the axle but I really took my time thinking about it. If I hadn't've traded my nephew a couple of loads of gravel delivered for a dropped Model A axle, I should have bought that one.

Snopro, I want to show off my Model A coupe.
Do we know about whatever it is sitting beside your coupe? [S Your coupe, which I really like, reminds me of the one I had before I went into the Air Force. My alleged paternal parent sold it for beer money while I wasn't looking.

Skip, on one side is a 1928 John Deere 'D', but that's probably not the side you're thinking about. On the other side are my spare Ford truck cabs. the back one is a 1937 with a poor floor and no drivers door and the front one is a 1936 cab with both good doors and rocker panels, but the back is rotten. Directly across from the Model A and the two cabs is a '47 Ford truck. Here's a picture of it 52 years ago. I'm the tall blond kid about 15 years old.
That was a dang dirty trick to play on a guy that was away serving his country.

Attachments

• 47Ford and 56Dodge.jpg
    47Ford and 56Dodge.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The deuce rails came right out from Dr. Crank's back yard, Regina, Saskatchewan. Unfortunately, they had been under a deuce car so they are a little too wide, but they can be narrowed. It looks like the 9" rear-end is already narrow enough. The front axle that's under the rails now is the original axle from that '47 Ford truck across the shed in one of the pictures. In my dreams there will be a 292 Y-block and a WC T-five between those rails, {both of which I already have}.

I talked to the fellow that owned the axle set up, he was hit head on in the truck and is still recovering from the accident. The axle is bent in two directions and is pretty much toast, but everything bolted too it was still okay. It did sell at the swap meet.

Here's a couple pics of the ram I picked up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Line lock 001.JPG
    Resize of Line lock 001.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Resize of Line lock 002.JPG
    Resize of Line lock 002.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 57
Ya Snopro, I'm happy with it. I think I got the better end of the deal on that trade, but the other guy was really wanting my '30 roadster so it was a very good deal for both of us.
Dozer, have you done any homework on your ram hood ornament? Could it be for a '46 - '48 COE Dodge truck. That is what my friend Brock is looking for right now. The one he bought at Lethbridge has a longer base I think, probably one for a regular truck.

Ya Snopro, I'm happy with it. I think I got the better end of the deal on that trade, but the other guy was really wanting my '30 roadster so it was a very good deal for both of us.
Dozer, have you done any homework on your ram hood ornament? Could it be for a '46 - '48 COE Dodge truck. That is what my friend Brock is looking for right now. The one he bought at Lethbridge has a longer base I think, probably one for a regular truck.

It could well be for the COE, it was the first one I came across and just grabbed it. It's got to much curve to the base to fit my 28. Do you have a picture of the one he got, maybe we can do a trade or something.

Dozer, I don't have a picture of his ornaments. The news goes downhill from there. He wasn't feeling that well at Lethbridge, and when he got home he got worse so now he's in the hospital getting poked and prodded. When I talk to him, I'll ask what he's got and what he needs.

Latest posts

Back