Got a Line On Some Old Tin

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverickmk

Rebel Rodder
So I found out that the vehicles in this picture are most likely for sale and near me.
Question is: Which ones should I be most interested in and what should I pay. I would like to keep one for myself and try & turn any others that I can get my hands on.

tumblr_owjphhfr9I1uky4nio1_1280.jpg

I'd say if the price is right buy as many as you can afford, keep the one you want and sell the rest for a profit to pay for yours.

Lucky to find stuff around here anymore. If you're looking for a project, pick one that is the most complete of something you like. And grab as many as you can store for either future projects or to offer up for sale to get your money back. Around here 500 for a cab is cheap. Most of the stuff you see is high priced and goes quick. Title would add a grand at least...

Start by finding out which ones have titles. Then pick the ones you like best. Go until you run out of money. Assuming the prices are fair.

Agree with many of the posted comments. Titles would be great.
In my neck of the woods truck cabs go for anywhere from $800 on up. And a lot of times that's just the cab with no front sheet metal.
As far as flipping them goes. I have seen a few things this summer that I would have picked up to flip. Most of them were bought by others and I have seen them relisted for sale and not many of them selling. I suppose it depends on how much of a profit you feel you need to make.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Torchie

Since I'm partial to 40-41 Fords, I would take the one closest. But I also agree, pick the best one, and another like it if there is one, just for parts. I'd take as many of the trucks as you can handle, from oldest to newest.

Boy does that look familiar, agreed buy as many as you can afford and store for resale. Can't help you on what to pay cuz it's very different depending on your area, but buy low and sell high:D.

I'll answer a question with a few questions... what do you want for yourself? A cab? A full fendered tonner? Car?

Condition would be my first concern. The trucks with their tails sunk in the marsh are probably rotten. Front sheet metal for "heavy" trucks is a small market, at least in this part of the world.

That said, I can appreciate what the guys said about those with titles. I don't have that issue here, but I understand a rotten piece with a title has value.

Proceed with caution, my friend. A yard full of crap nobody else wants is not an investment.

I don't believe that's the same yard! The one one the youtube is in the panhandle of Florida. I'm probably within 20 miles of maverickmk and it's not close to us. The original bunch posted is much closer.

I wanted to know..

So I googled it.

I live in Western Canada, so I don't get to Fl. much.

It's a shame the owner's "memories" are rotting into the soil.

Attachments

• apopka.JPG
    apopka.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back