stuff keeps following me home-PART 2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
HI, l'm Skull & l'm a autoholic:)

newest trouble to find me, picking it in a week or two.

free, so could not pass on it.

a late 196O's motor home approx 25 feet long, body is already removed, it's a complete chassis from raditor to rearend, OH, did l mention it is a 413/727 that is still in it and running.

upgrade the brakes, little tinkering and l am thinking it will accept the 1952 dodge truck cab l was planning on putting it on the titanic (other motorhome that is still together) but this will save me a ton of time and work.

the 1952 dodge truck cab l picked up cheap, l have guy who will rebuild the stock guage cluster into 12 volt, all the interior stuff is in boxes that came with it. all the front sheet metal is there and in decent shape.

meetings are doing no good:rolleyes: maybe shock therapy will help:eek:

build thread and lots of pics when l start.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• 1952 dodge truck 002.jpg
    1952 dodge truck 002.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 1952 dodge truck 001.jpg
    1952 dodge truck 001.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 1952 dodge truck 004.jpg
    1952 dodge truck 004.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 32
  • 1952 dodge truck 003.jpg
    1952 dodge truck 003.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 34
  • 1952 dodge truck 006.jpg
    1952 dodge truck 006.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 1968-70DodgeMotorhomeORM.jpg
    1968-70DodgeMotorhomeORM.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 32
I envy you guys with property and space to collect endless projects... then again, I'm not a fan of meetings, nor do I enjoy shock treatments. :eek:

l was planning on putting it on the titanic (other motorhome that is still together)

Back in my RV days, I remember motorhomes with the brand name "Titan". Is that what you have, skull? In the late 80's, they were outdated and the manufacturer was defunct. We also called them Titanics. :D

titanic story

this 1984 0verland 30 foot rv was on CL for free.

big ole' tree across the middle side to side.

we hammered in and out the boo-boos, ratchet strapped it together enough to be safe even with the gaping holes and Z00M, no workin' lights, but off we went anyway.

ran out of daylight, drove the last 3 miles in the dark:eek: that is why the pics with no day light, it is the night l got her home.

ran out of gas 50ft from my gate:rolleyes:

you shoulda seen the looks l got and people takin' pics and vids as l drove the 35 miles down I-5 to get it home, it will go 7O MPH, handles great and with dics brakes on all 4 corners it stops extremely well.

that was the one l was going to use, but the 413 mh is aleady down to bare chassis, will save the titanic for some thing else later on to build with it.

so that is the story of the titanic,

Attachments

• titanic  001.jpg
    titanic 001.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 24
  • titanic  004.jpg
    titanic 004.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 21
  • titanic 2.jpg
    titanic 2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 22
  • titanic.jpg
    titanic.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 21
  • titanic 3.jpg
    titanic 3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 22
  • titanic.jpgo1.jpg
    titanic.jpgo1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 20
This is going to be fun to see this happening Skull. I'm thinking the cab could go over the engine on upright brackets exposing the engine below for a bizarre COE. Everyone does car haulers, i would like to see an old camper trailer back there.

maybe the next one, l need a car hauler right now,

however, the titanic with old skool coe and cabin on the back.mmmmmmmmmmmm[dr

Later :cool:

Attachments

• logcabincoe_01_1000.jpg
    logcabincoe_01_1000.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 33
maybe the next one, l need a car hauler right now,

however, the titanic with old skool coe and cabin on the back.mmmmmmmmmmmm[dr

Later :cool:

A few years ago at a car show there was an early motorhome... A stock 28 Model AA Ford truck with a house built on the back. It had a regular pitched roof, wood stove, and a balcony over the cab of the truck. I don't imagine it was overly quick on today's roads, but in the time it was built it didn't need to be. Your idea for Titanic with a cabin on it reminded me of that.

I'm sure I have a photo of it somewhere but can't find it at the moment.

413, see ya, by-by

pulled a LB5O:D:D[cl[cl

in the best godfather voice,-- he made me a offer l couldn't refuse :eek:

dude wants it for a 1973 satellite, so l gave him a stupid price 'cause l really did not want to see the 413 go, BUT, he said no problem, showed up with cash in hand, makes it hard to turn down cash.

now l have the funds to go get the 193Oish dodge 2 door sedan in B-town, with a title[ddd

allright, new project soon!!!

what day are the meeting again, l am relapsing,,:rolleyes:

pulled a LB5O:D:D[cl[cl

in the best godfather voice,-- he made me a offer l couldn't refuse :eek:

dude wants it for a 1973 satellite, so l gave him a stupid price 'cause l really did not want to see the 413 go, BUT, he said no problem, showed up with cash in hand, makes it hard to turn down cash.

now l have the funds to go get the 193Oish dodge 2 door sedan in B-town, with a title[ddd

allright, new project soon!!!

what day are the meeting again, l am relapsing,,:rolleyes:

The meetings dont help:confused:

I disagree lb50. The meetings are good. You can get tips on where more cars are to be found and brought home.:D

The meetings won't slow down the collecting of projects. If you want to try shock treatment you can save some money by disconnecting some plug wires while standing in the rain. But it still won't help. [ddd[ddd Glad youu made out good on the sale of the 413. O[P[P[Pn to the next project.

Latest posts

Back