28sawrig

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

28sawrig

Hi, I'm Dennis from southern Maine, a kid that loved hot rods back in the 60's. Been lurking on hear a few years, got my name from my build that was my grandfather's saw rig for firewood. It's been in his barn before I can remember, my dad said it was his first car. He said he broke an axle in live sand and gramp went dragged it home and cut it in half and made a saw rig out of it. I brought home and put a battery in it turned it over, no spark, put another coil on it and a little gas and it started right up. It's a 28 Chevy 2door sedan and don't remember ever seeing it running in 50 plus years. It was just cowl forward and the frame. Asked dad what happen to the rest of it, he said in the dump behind the farm, done some digging and found the rear quarter panels and tail section and roof sides. It's coming along slowly with z'ed frame and 350/350 running gear. Bye for now.

Welcome from Northern Lower Michigan.
I've seen a few saw rigs like that around here. I always wonder what happened to the rest of the car or the tractor.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back