48 F1 LinkFord project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

Photos

image.jpg

image.jpg
Ok,so I got the truck to the house the other night, and unloaded it. Yesterday I started doing little things, like relocating the battery box to under the hood, and cleaning the engine bay. So, the guy I bought the truck from had it running when I got there. But, I could tell it was out of times yesterday I put the timing light on it, and could not even find the timing mark with the engine running. Apparently , the outer ring on the balancer slipped at some time, and the PO could not figure out why it ran so crappy, dead on time. It was real slow to start how it was set. I timed it by ear yesterday, and now it starts with just a touch of the button. I bled the brakes, and added a little tranny fluid, and by golly she drove around my shop yard yesterday. It was awesome. So, now it's time to start the thread. Oh, and the Fairlane is sold. Man is picking it up on Tuesday.

[cl [cl [cl
Back in an earlier life I had a real cherry 1939 Ford Deluxe coupe that had a 460 Lincoln engine and trans in it. It ran like a scalded dog.......[ddd
Everybody's got to have a "Hot Rod Lincoln" once in their life.:D
[cl [cl [cl
Torchie

attachment.php

wow what a great truck to start with.

funny about being out of time, I bought a truck a couple weeks ago with a "bad motor", it was a broken rotor. good score!

more photos

Well, crap I guess some of the photos are sidewinders. Sorry in advance for the crick in your necks. hahaha. Among other things, the first thing to go is those goofy pipes coming out of the side. Second, change the oil pan to a rear sump ,along with rear sump pick up. The wood in the bed needs to be replaced too, but that will be one of the last things I do. Engine compartment is very clean. Hood hinges need to be tightened up. Will most likely just pull the hood anyway for now. The wheels definitely need to go. Those will be replaced by some nice wide steelies int he rear, and some 7" in the front(easier steering)

0317181322a.jpg

0317181322b.jpg

0317181322c.jpg

0317181355a.jpg

You guys probasbly see the garbage trucks in the background. I bought a business in Dec 2016 from a friend who was retiring. This has been the best business I have ever owned. And I owned and operated a sand and gravel pit in Texas. This is actually more fun. :D

Latest posts

Back