BMW V8 powered T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive my mad MSPaint skillz... but maybe the leaned back T windshield and rough idea for roll bar helps proportion things?

sure helps!

ask for opinions and you get a few... LOL I`m sure the car will end up being awesome no matter the decision [cl

Looks good.
I have seen these used before where they are hinged so that you can tilt them back to make it easier to get in.
Are you going to cut out your doors so they work?
Torchie

Looks good.
I have seen these used before where they are hinged so that you can tilt them back to make it easier to get in.
Are you going to cut out your doors so they work?
Torchie

That's the idea I'm gonna run with. Hinges with removable pivot pins are on order, so it'll open straight up to step in & out and the hard top can come completely off when I desire. I wasn't planning on cutting the doors open, I actually want to sand the door lines off completely. Unless I run into a technicality at the time of tech & registration that I must have opening doors.

Picked up a set of budget aftermarket adjustable motorcycle shocks for the rear, I figure since there will be four of them and the car weighs next to nothing it should work out and ride okay. If not it's an easy fix.

Back from a hiatus. Lost the use of one shop space. Had to put everything into a storage unit. A heavy winter claimed my area for a bit. But now things are nice, weather is good and moved into a new shop space.

My first time welding, just tacked a few things in place until a pro can come in with some real firepower and finalize.

Simulated rear ride height with coil overs & spring mounts mocked in place.

Roller chassis with drivetrain:

With the weight of the drivetrain those rear shocks compressed pretty far, almost bottomed out. With suspension crunch they would bottom out. These are another set with more travel range and stiffer springs. It kind of has a 70's land yacht cushy feel to the spring, and they haven't bottomed out with test suspension bouncing.

The axles do look rather nerdy with the upward angle, but I'm loving the ride height like this.

Rear sway bar kit on order.

Latest posts

Back