1950 Stude Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's not in the corner. Its by the door so I see it every time I go in the shop. I was having a lot of physical problems last year and really didn't feel lie working on it. Maybe this year I get motivated and not get sidetracked with another project.

Here's a picture of it when I drove it to High School 1972-74

Well when my travels take me out your way Don I'd be glad to give a hand for a day or so! :D

I went through the entire thread again. Oddly enough, I'm using your build as a guide for the Willys wagon I just hauled home.

Been working on removing the spare tire well in the trunk. No spare tire so I'll have a AAA card and cell phone with me.

You could see where the spot weld were on the insert so I drilled pilot hole for the spot weld cutter.

Damn thing fought me a little on the right bottom corner where the jack mount was located. But it finally gave up and came out.

I found some left over metal I had removed when I shortened the bed for my 51 Ford Rat Truck that had beads already in it that will work perfect.

Cut the lower piece to fit and Clecoed it in. There are some odd bends and its not even left to right so its easier to do it in 3 pieces.

If you do a lot of metal work go out find some of these Clecos and sheet metal gap clamps. They are handy they are handy to have around.

Getting some body work done since the weather has been fairly warm up to mid 50*s. A few small dents and holes to fill and then pull the doors off. Body is excellent condition. Going to have to wait until spring to prime and paint.

Latest posts

Back