Wheelbarrow tub Go Kart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, was this electric or gas Tripper ? Most of the shows
we go to do not allow gas powered, about all they do allow is
the electric chairs they rent....:rolleyes:

attachment.php

just noticed they antenna...[S

We made a little progress last night. We got the tub mount cross members fabbed and tacked in. It's slow going when you only have an hour at a whack but we'll get there!

Attachments

• IMG_7041.JPG
    IMG_7041.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7042.JPG
    IMG_7042.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 48
We started working on engine placement/mounting last night. It's going to take a little more messing around than I was hoping because of steering. I have a rack and pinion for it that is easier in some ways and more complicated in others. Anyway, I need to have clearance for the steering shaft under the motor and room for the rack in front. It'll all work out, it will just take some extra fab and such.

Attachments

• IMG_7044.JPG
    IMG_7044.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7045.JPG
    IMG_7045.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 41
We got the steering rack more or less mounted. I need to add some gussets but I think it will work ok. It's been crazy trying to get time to work on it lately with all the end of the year school stuff going on and all the get togethers that seem to happen once the weather is finally nice!

Attachments

• IMG_7101.jpg
    IMG_7101.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7102.jpg
    IMG_7102.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 32
We got the steering rack more or less mounted. I need to add some gussets but I think it will work ok. It's been crazy trying to get time to work on it lately with all the end of the year school stuff going on and all the get togethers that seem to happen once the weather is finally nice!

Very cool project! You're giving me ideas for the wheelbarrow I got for free for the purposes of a deal like this. Were your hubs, spindles, and spindle mounts all prefab? I'm thinking that the motor for mine will go behind the tub.

Ya, I got them all from BMI Karts along with the rear axle which is keyed the full length so that you can put your sprocket and brake where ever it needs to be. They have a variety or hubs as well so pick your wheels first and then you either pick hubs that match them or hubs that work out the easiest to make adapters for.

Ya, I got them all from BMI Karts along with the rear axle which is keyed the full length so that you can put your sprocket and brake where ever it needs to be. They have a variety or hubs as well so pick your wheels first and then you either pick hubs that match them or hubs that work out the easiest to make adapters for.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

That little rack should make easy work of the steering as well!

I decided to shift gears a little to work on something that my girl can do more of herself to keep the motivation up so we started on the seat cushions. I think that having a cool seat in it will also help keep that motivation up. Anyway, here she is making cardboard patterns and tracing them out onto osb. I cut the osb out since she's not quite ready for the table saw etc. yet. We'll start upholstering the cushions next time we have a block of time.

Attachments

• IMG_7105.JPG
    IMG_7105.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7106.JPG
    IMG_7106.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 28
You have the right idea for motivation, keep her in the project. [cl[cl[cl[cl

To finish up the Hot Rod Wagon maybe she can paint all the
Parts & body. [P[P[P

Keep up the fine work.

Looking good [cl
She'll get to the saw soon enough. The only thing my kid didn't like was the "Sawsall", to many ups and downs. [;)

Latest posts

Back