48 F1 LinkFord project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it, and am looking forward to seeing your running board exhaust exits...

Below is the exhaust tips I made . I took a piece of 4" exhaust pipe and messaged it into an oval shape. I then welded my 2 1/2" pipe to them. I used a hole saw to cut the running boards , then made a plate as sort of a flange. Just so thwe exahaust wasn't just rattling on the running boards. I painted them with some high temp paint. They will be black, just like the running boards once I get to that point.

48 side exhausts.jpg

Below is the exhaust tips I made . I took a piece of 4" exhaust pipe and messaged it into an oval shape. I then welded my 2 1/2" pipe to them. I used a hole saw to cut the running boards , then made a plate as sort of a flange. Just so thwe exahaust wasn't just rattling on the running boards. I painted them with some high temp paint. They will be black, just like the running boards once I get to that point.

View attachment 152795

Thanks! That turned out really good. You must be pleased. I may just have to mimic what you've done there I like it so much.

So, I got to work on the 48 yesterday. I have always entertained the idea of a wood grained dash. So, that is what I did. I have done this by using my airbrush, but it is very time comsuming. I used printed vinyl and a heat gun to apply it . Ok, I will admit it. I used a $9 roll of shelf paper that I bought off of Amazon. Used heat gun to make the curves. Going to airbrush a branded Ford logo in the center of the dash, thren clear coat over the whole thing with semi gloss clear.

48 DASH.jpg

So, I got to work on the 48 yesterday. I have always entertained the idea of a wood grained dash. So, that is what I did. I have done this by using my airbrush, but it is very time comsuming. I used printed vinyl and a heat gun to apply it . Ok, I will admit it. I used a $9 roll of shelf paper that I bought off of Amazon. Used heat gun to make the curves. Going to airbrush a branded Ford logo in the center of the dash, thren clear coat over the whole thing with semi gloss clear.

View attachment 153018
48 dash 2.jpg

Doing a Ford logo on my new simulated wood grain dash. Gonna get the airbrush out, and make it look like it was branded into the dash, with hot embers and smoke. This is the first stage

Attachments

• 4378.jpg
    4378.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 23
Very nice.
I did more then my share of "Woodgraining" in the late 70's and early 80's working in the dealership body shops.
Hot soapy water and a good squigee works wonder too.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Latest posts

Back