41 chevy 1/2 ton project Fenix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry, it seems that photobucket changed their terms of service monday and they no longer allow 3rd party hosting of images for free accounts, they allow online storage only.

what this means is that not only is my project thread being held hostage (they want $400 a year or $40 a month for the cheapest version of hosting) but also that they want to monetize the pictures with ads. I dont negotiate with terrorists and have deleted my account. I have signed up with another host and will reupload the pictures but I cant edit my old posts to add them back, so this may be a year 0 thing, only froward from here.

That's weird, I just hotlinked a pic from mine just now. Didn't have any problem......

right now its just the high bandwidth users. but the ToS change is for everyone. the way its working right now is once you hit a bandwidth limit your account gets locked, that way they dont have to search for hotlinkers.

you WILL have this problem, it is time to back up anything you have. anyone from the early days of the internet will tell you what a dumpster fire angelfire hosting was, it was the same thing, they offered free hosting, then tried to charge, no one paid, and almost every link in a search was a removed angelfire page. took a long time to filter all that out. this will be the same thing, how-tos on changing a power steering pump that were done with a photobucket account will have broken image links, same with blogs and personal webpages that use photobucket as an image host. its going to be a clusterfreak.

Not doubting you joe. I haven't received anything from them yet, I have two different accounts, one is almost full and they keep wanting me to upgrade, the other I just started last fall, it's pretty low still. I'll keep a watch out for anything from them, meanwhile, let us know if you find a suitable replacement.

A while ago I deleted my PB account and never looked back. Actually gave me peace of mind...
I can did that, my friend. I'm glad I don't have the need to share a lot of pics with the world. :D

Familiar pattern. Give it away until you have them hooked...

Last edited:
I dont mind companies making a buck, but dont say you are a free host for 14 years then say you arent.

I got the front clip on and the rad in.
I have been on contract more lately which is good for the purse but not for the projects.

IMG_6573 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6582 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I needed the bed from the back yard, luckily my wife was home so I went ahead and did it myself. work smarter not harder, these dollies have paid for themselves several times over.
IMG_6596 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6597 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

wouldnt start without some gas in the TBI, and even then wouldnt stay running. found a ground off, then still no joy in mudville.
almost by Joe Doh, on Flickr

got this tank from a "running truck that just got wrecked". sigh.
52148113169__C62D2E1E-7776-46FA-85F7-80E7E7BE0C08 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6598 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6599 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

ahh much better
finally by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I got this donor from the guy who bought the 65. he came by today to tell me I was imagining all the parts I had to replace and how good the condition was of this truck. (just kidding, although he was surprised at everything that needed replaced) he brought the 65 I sold him for a visit. he had just finished the interior. for those not aware, this is a 65 C10 big window shortbed I put on a 98 S10 4 cylinder chassis.
IMG_6602 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6603 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

still some work to do today but working on the fuel pump in 100 degrees wore me out a little. I always do first starts outside with a fire extinguiser and hose at the ready.

thanks! the next one is sitting there in the driveway!

well mother flipper. I tried to get the truck to idle but it would not. some of it is the small amount of bad gas, I added 5 gal fresh but still there was about a gallon of trash in there. I added some seafoam and a gallon of xylene to combat the problem but still no good idle. one plug wire had a squirrel chew so I did plugs wires cap rotor and IAC, still no idle. I didnt need a noid light to see the drivers injector was barely squirting so I resigned myself to a rebuild of the TBI
IMG_6622 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6623 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

new injectors, cleaned the throttle body completely, new o rings and seals and gaskets. cleaned the EGR while I was in there. only hard thing was getting the fuel lines hooked back up, I moved them to get to the EGR and that was a big mistake.
idles great now. the whistle is the IAC letting bypass air through, click for running video
IMG_6627 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

wanted to make the seat risers so marked out the pattern
IMG_6629 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6632 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6633 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I dont think I need a riser for the rear mounts, just a nut plate. I will tack them down and start on the bed, probably today.

I like them quiet, so do my neighbors. flowmasters, magnaflows, even glasspacks sound like a rhino farting in a trash can to me [cl

I do like small diameter long glasspacks like smithys though, pop and crackle up top.

I like them quiet, so do my neighbors. flowmasters, magnaflows, even glasspacks sound like a rhino farting in a trash can to me [cl

I do like small diameter long glasspacks like smithys though, pop and crackle up top.
On that note, I think I'll go feed the rhino and see how it sounds. [ddd I need to catch up with the guy on the block behind me with the 4x4s. :D

oh man, now you reminded me, I got a neighbor recently catty corner in the back, the building behind the house has 7 garage doors so I knew it would go to a car guy. he is a 4x4 guy and about every sunday I get to hear something start up and get a few raps of open exhaust, then it shuts down.

back on the 41 I turned it around under its own power, and almost went for a blast on the dirt road but the hood isnt bolted down and there isnt an air cleaner yet so probably best to stick to the yard for now.
IMG_6637 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

de-floored the bed and trimmed it slightly, just wanted to see where the wheel arch center is in relation to the bed and back of the cab. remember that this is a 3/4 ton so it originally came with a 47-55 long bed and fenders, so I bought a 1/2 ton short bed and 41-46 fenders. the s10 long wheelbase is a little longer than the 41 short wheelbase so I wanted to see if I could get it close enough to look right.
IMG_6638 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6639 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6640 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

obviously the bed sides hit the tires because the s10 axle is narrower, I could have thrown on some spacers but I like the way the wheels look in there currently so I decided to hit northern tool and pick up a single 10" wide trailer fender. when I got it home I cut it in half, then marked and plasma'd the bedsides
IMG_6645 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6647 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I ran out of welding gas building the seat mounts so while I was out I stopped for a new bottle. turns out they were out of 88cu ft bottles so they loaned me a 24 so I could keep welding. silly little thing!
IMG_6648 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

but I got them tacked in and the bed mocked up, looks super dope!
IMG_6651 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6660 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

that oxblood color interior is my absolute favorite. I dont mean to gush by jeeze I love that color on a hot rod.

more to come!

Your truck is looking great!

I did my wheel tubs almost the same way. Trailer fenders make great tubs. And they are cheap! Since I am using a standard cab short bed S10 chassis, shortening the (47 Chevy) bed was the only way to get it to go together and look right.

Oh, after I finished hooking up my new fuel system, I fired up "the rhino", and I doubt that the neighbors even noticed. The engine compartment is noisier than the exhaust out back. It sounds good, though. Maybe cutouts are in order. [ddd

well the guys at northern tool tried to kill me, to be honest. they sell two types, cold rolled steel and galvanized. the galvanized were in the steel stack.

thanks for the compliments

Latest posts

Back