Sheets & Giggles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our local nostalgia racing group was asked to put on a show at the local drag strip. I was able to record the quickest and fastest run the car has made so far - an 8.41 @ 166 mph - in spite of having the car get out of the groove and having to pedal it to get things back under control. This was launching at 3000 rpm. So, instead of taking it easy, I decided to get greedy and launch it off the converter - about 4500 rpm. I can only describe the result as trying to ride a mousetrap!! The car stood straight up and turned sharp right!! The track photographer got this image of "Sheets" on the way down before running for shelter. Needless to say, there have been extensive suspension adjustments made. Hopefully we have the problem solved - exciting, but I really don't want to go on that type of ride again. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Re-entry.jpg
    Re-entry.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 85
Nice coverage on your car and the event.

If you get any more famous you'll have to print up vanity pics of Sheets & Giggles, set up a table, autograph them for the fans.:D

I thought of doing that for my car just for sheets & giggles.

Latest posts

Back