What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I snuck out to the garage yesterday for a couple of hours (don't tell my wife or the Dr.) I took off the radiator/grille shell/headlight assembly, cut off the ridiculously engineered upper spring perch, cleaned up the crossmember, welded on the new perch, bolted the front axle to it, reinstalled the radiator assembly, cleaned up the obvious evidence of activity, went in the house and showered before my wife got home. :D

Attachments

• DSCF1007.jpg
    DSCF1007.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF1017.jpg
    DSCF1017.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF1016A.jpg
    DSCF1016A.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1022.jpg
    DSCF1022.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 37
Earthman, I lowered the perch almost 6 inches, and it really helped with some problems the car had. The steering arm is now at a much better angle, the headers and oil pan can now clear the ground entering my driveway, and it helped the vision problem I was having, too. When I get to the point where I can move it, I'll roll it outside to get a side view picture or two. :) Thanks, Bob!!

My drive shaft tunnel. Not exciting, just the next step.

Attachments

• 2-1-14.jpg
    2-1-14.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-1-14 3.jpg
    2-1-14 3.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-2-14.jpg
    2-2-14.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-2-14 9.jpg
    2-2-14 9.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 26
I tore up the streets of Huntsville, hit my head with a crowbar, changed out idler arm to fix whole body vibration and smashed my right rink finger with a hammer

It's still lots of work and not much to show for it.
Gauges mounted and attached, rear brakes rebuilt and bleed, air pump and tank mounted wired and plumbed, radiator mounted. Still finding burned wires all over the place :mad:
Sorry no pix :rolleyes:
I'm hoping to get it on the road as a driver by the end of April, then start on the finish body work. [S
C-ya on the radio

66 c10

KIMG0296.jpg

KIMG0295.jpg

Got some primer on the 66. Painted the mirror, dash and grill. Still have a few issues to deal with but I am driving it. Almost have a new set of tires burnt 3/4 of the way down! Hell of a lot of fun!!!!!!!

52 fordman

I give my son my 2 power wagons ,, a 63 for parts and a 64 .. We pushed the 64 in the shop drained some of the gas out ,, boy was that some stinky gas . didnt take all out , but most , He will go get some batteries this week end and we will try to get it running again , Been setting up for about 5 years . 27-12-11_124.jpg

Latest posts

Back