53 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good and snowed in. cant do to much. Did get the clutch disk ordered today and washed all the grease off the 3 speed. Painted the bell housing IHC red. got first coat of ihc red on the 3 speed. Hey, just cause shes a rat dosent mean i shouldnt try my hardest to make it look decent.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 36
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 30
I really like that red. That is such a neat truck. You do good work! You arent going to have a cookie cutter truck. Keep posting pics, I love the truck and the 327 is the best small block ever made in my opinion.

i like the straight bumper -- id probably just lengthen it straight across --- but it is your truck -- i think itll look fine all said and done - reminds me of a push bar -- very practical for an international IMO

ok, couple things done today. nothing picture worthy. First i picked up the clutch and the pilot bushing. big whoop I know. The other is I decided what wheels to run. I cant find any pics of them, but ill give a brief description and if anyone has pics let me know please. They are stock chevy truck wheels from the mid 70s through the mid 80s. they are solid aluminum and always have a beauty ring around them. Look amazing when painted the same color as the truck. I think i can get those reasonably cheap.
Heres where I need opinions again. I have a spare bed for this truck that I picked up as a trailer for $100 a few years ago. It has the notch out for a spare tire. I kinda dig that, especially when the wheels all match. Changing the fender is easy enough, but does "kinda digging" something = that much work?

the reason I chose this bumper is the blinkers in it, if you look at the grill, that part is rotted out. Trying to save the money on a new grill and I know my fabrication limits.

Is it within your fabrication limits to make end pieces that turn it into a full width bumper?....even if it is just lighter weight sheetmetal.

i think it is. and the more i contemplate it the more i like the idea. The hardest part to fabricate left is the sheet metal that covers the spot where the old blinkers were. Im getting braver with this as I go and gain more and more confidence.

today is a trip to the bone yard. I am getting the shifter and trying to find the wheels. I cant understand how some of you guys work 40 hour weeks and still get so much done on your builds. I wish I had your energy.

today is a trip to the bone yard. I am getting the shifter and trying to find the wheels. I cant understand how some of you guys work 40 hour weeks and still get so much done on your builds. I wish I had your energy.

I try to do a little every chance I get, sometimes even if is is only cleaning up after myself. Still I know what you mean about having energy. If you count my comute to work I invest about 50 hrs a week in my job.

ok, got the shifter. Hurst Indi for $40, came with the boot and the Hurst shifter nob. He didnt have my wheels off a vehicle, but next time i go out they will be. 5 of them for $60. not to shabby.

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 31
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 31

Just try to get SOMETHING done EVERY day. Even if it is only taking a measurement, writing down a list of things to buy next time you're out, or just sanding something back to prep it for welding.
If you are doing something every day, the project will always be moving forward. Even if they're only little tasks, that's 30 little tasks a month.

ok, a little work on the shifter and tranny today. not much, but some. more will come when the paint is dry. the shifter pic was taken way to soon, it will be cleaned up and made much nicer before it is attached to the tranny.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
went and looked at the fender on my trailer with the notch out for the spare, and then at the fender on the truck without it. THe one on the trailer has a dent or two, but no rot, the one on the truch has no dents, but does have rot. oh decisions decisions. Ok, im gonna swap fenders. probably saturday if the weather dosent go south on us again.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 42
ok. heres an idea ive been kickin around for awhile. I want to take a set of stock IHC valve covers, chop them out,( ull see the line where i want this) and do the same with a set of stock chevy ones. weld them together so I can have the cool International script on my small block 327. I have never welded metal that thin. Think Im gonna farm that out for sure. Any ideas about this?

Attachments

• valve cover plan.jpg
    valve cover plan.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back