47 willys jeep project and questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecl

my dad and I will be doing a rat rod jeep project in the spring. As of right now the plan is:

put the jeep body on the an 87 Bronco II frame with a rear axle out of a full size bronco or f series pickup and use a 302 out of an 87 Cougar. We are going cheap on the build under 3000 but also have parts from the jeep that we aren't using to sell.

As of right now we have everything but the rear axle. Im in the research and planning stage since this will be our first rat rod, that is why we are waiting till spring. Looking for all advice anyone is willing to give and once we start the project i will start a build thread but thought this was a good place to start.

A question for any one that has built a jeep, did you use the stock frame or put it on another and what you are using for a rear axle?

this is what got me into the idea, not wanting the exact same but that is mainly the look im after.
img_0751.jpg

And this is what we are starting with.

You project looks familiar for some reason, I may have talked with you earlier [S But here I go. I did a 45, stock frame modified, and F-100 9" rear axle. this is a link to the slide show, not really a build thread just lost of pix. If I can answer any questions let me know.

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/ssoltz/slideshow/Ratrod Jeep

Attachments

• Build079_zps3f3d4c1a.jpg
    Build079_zps3f3d4c1a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 32
neat project. are you sure there's a jeep in there?? Tobby

Yeah im pretty sure its there somewhere.

You project looks familiar for some reason, I may have talked with you earlier But here I go. I did a 45, stock frame modified, and F-100 9" rear axle. this is a link to the slide show, not really a build thread just lost of pix. If I can answer any questions let me know.

Nice jeep. We doing the frame swap to avoid adding to front of the frame like you did since the b2 frame is a bit longer. Thanks for showing me how it can be done with the stock frame. What wngine did you use, noticed the valve covers say ford racing on it.

ecl,
your welcome
it's a 302, stock with the dual quad for looks, the front carb is blocked off, it ran great on just the rear. The value covers i ended up with are the new thing, welded flat alum. i liked them because their bigger and look different.
What are you using for a front suspension [S
Keep us posted on what going on [cl

Not real sure on the front suspension. Ive been looking for ideas heres and other places, thats where suggestions would be nice. Like I said earlier this is a first for us so we are looking around getting ideas and then will tackle it once we have a plan.

You project looks familiar for some reason, I may have talked with you earlier [S But here I go. I did a 45, stock frame modified, and F-100 9" rear axle. this is a link to the slide show, not really a build thread just lost of pix. If I can answer any questions let me know.

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/ssoltz/slideshow/Ratrod Jeep

I bought a pretty tidy stainless steel Jeep a while back to use the chassis and paperwork for another project. I did plan to scrap the body but it looks so nice, classic Filipino Jeepney, that I'm going to build some sort of a hot rod out of it.

Attachments

• 10277548_10202921472892280_1158035957953201720_n.jpg
    10277548_10202921472892280_1158035957953201720_n.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back