chevy 1500 rear frame sections...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
Mods - I wasn't sure where to post this so I put it here. I can move it if you so wish.

So up here in the rusty northeast our vehicles don't last long with the road salt. 88-98 1500 Chevy trucks are classic for rotting out the rear spring hangers and when you go to replace them you find a nice rust hole behind it in the frame. I am repairing a customers truck and made up these sections on the CNC plasma table. They have all of the mounting holes for the hangers and bumper and are 16" long. The design is saved if anyone needs one or two. Just PM me if interested. Hangers are not included.

I made them to weld on but I guess you could overlap them a bit and drill some holes through the 2 pieces.

I had thought of that but I made them dimensionaly the same as the original frame. If they bolt on then you get into the whole legal issue of "it isn't as strong as the origanl frame was yada yada yada"

This is my buddies truck which is just used on his farm. He wanted the rear sections fixed so it wouldn't break in half and I needed a guinea pig for mock up...

This is what I started with...

here is it in place with a gussett

rear bumper mount area

Latest posts

Back