Byron Meltdown Drags

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This Henry J will be there along with 4 or 5 other cars from my neck of the woods. Was going to bring my car but I will only be there for Saturday as a spectator.

Swap meet last year was pretty small but some good stuff there. The drags are the big attraction. And they are awesome.

Planning to attend. ( If work allows ). Coming from Springfield Il. area. I too will be spectator on Sat. only. At least I hope so. [;)

I just put in for Friday off at work today. I plan to camp Friday night and possibly Saturday night. I'm not racing but plan to drive my '36.

Love the Henry J, too. I'm working on a '51 myself.

Blue

Terry & Lee will be there running Tator. They are members here. It runs close to 10:00, all motor. I'll be hanging around their pit area.

Right you are, TM. Quain in the Willys and Donovan in the Anglia put on a show last year that was worth the price of admission.

Bummed that I didn't have the dragster finished. But, I left home at 4am Saturday and arrived in Byron at 9:45. Walked through the pits and took some pictures. Shook hands with Ed Iskenderian and got his autograph. A real thrill for me. Spent the rest of the time in the stands watching real old school drag racing. It was wonderful! Headed for home at 4:30. Lots of driving but well worth it.

I'd say there was over 50 Anglia gassers and 50 Willys gassers. A total of 500 cars.
Go to Youtube and search Meltdown Drags 2014 if you want to see some of the action.

Byron Meltdown Drags

Any idea where I could get a set of those rear skirts on that 40/46 chevy panel or how to make a set.also the front visor. For my project.

Latest posts

Back