My computer will not let me log on.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

For the past couple of days, both of my browsers will not let me log onto RRR. Both come up with a huge warning screen that says the site is corrupted and unsafe. To post this, I had to come in through the back door.

Just thought you should know, Bob, in case you do not know already.

Don

No problem here. Like Toad said, I expect the problem is yours alone. :mad:

Let us know how you solved the issue. It could help somebody down the way....

Both of my browsers bring up the same warning, one reads:

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

and the other browser says:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to ratrodsrule.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

I can go to any other website and it opens fine with no warning. What the heck does this mean ?

Again, the only way I got on this time was to go through google and open it that way.

Mine was fine up until a few days ago, and suddenly, both browsers came up with the same warning. I would think there was something in my computer, but I can go onto tons of other websites and forums, and no messages. :confused:

I thought this line in the warning might be significant:

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired,

So I thought I would just run that past Bob. I know in the past Bob had to have his son do something, I think, to clear up some other similar issues, but I could be wrong.

I was getting the same thing. I googled rat rods rule and clicked on the first link and that link works. Not exactly sure why. I deleted the old bookmark and saved the new one. Give that a shot and see if that works for you.

I had issues a few weeks ago. I cleared search history amd my bookmark and it has been fine since

I posted about this in another section. I have the same problem it started saturday at home and this morn at work. Your connection is not private or your connection is not secure. But my phone works. I have avera at home and mcafee at work so two different systems.

just tried the undeadsleds.com in the address bar and got in.

Yep, Saturday was about when mine hit too, so it looks like I am not alone. Tripper hasn't weighed in yet on this one, but I think it is something he will want to look at.

When those screens came up, I called my son into my room to show them to him and get his feedback. He said it could be that the site needed to renew some aspect of their website, but he wasn't sure.

Like I mentioned, none of the other sites I regularly visit have this issue. It is still continuing to be blocked on my two regular browser sites, but I am coming in through Google now.

Here's what Tripper Jr said! Not only does he run UDS/RRR he also runs the one of the biggest sites on the interwebs! This is a very recent thing & he said he'll see if he can find a work around! I personally have never had this happen but I use a Mac!

The jackasses who make Chrome and Firefox decided that any site that’s not “https” is “not secure” to try to freak everyone out. Nothing has changed here at RRR. It’s an older backend so it’s taking a bit to upgrade, but we’re working on it. In the mean time, don’t worry about it too much - it mostly just matters on websites that ask for your credit card. And we don’t!

BoB

Sure,

5555 5XX5 XXXX X5X5
Expires: 2202FF
14 character security code: fredflintstone

It's a metric card. You'll have to convert. :p

Here's what Tripper Jr said! Not only does he run UDS/RRR he also runs the one of the biggest sites on the interwebs! This is a very recent thing & he said he'll see if he can find a work around! I personally have never had this happen but I use a Mac!

BoB

Cool Bob and Jr ! I knew there had to be something logical going on.

Even my cell phone has been doing goofy stuff. I keep getting texts for some guy named Maslen, and my son said when I called him the other day the caller ID said " M. Cashwell" :eek:

I called Metro PCS and they said they know about the problem and are working on it.

Latest posts

Back