Roadster pickup build, take two.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my knee surgery yesterday, piece of cake !! Took the walker I had from my heart surgery with me, never had to use it once. Walked right out of the hospital ! :)

Pain level is almost zilch, and that may increase today, but I am able to walk and bend almost as if nothing was done. They did give me some good pain pills, but I think they are only needed for the next day or so.

So, if anyone here ever has what I had (torn Meniscus) don't hesitate to get it done. There are two little incisions and they put a scope in one side and a tool to do the trimming in the other, and they remove the damaged part. Actual surgery took 45 minutes, but I was there for about 5 hours because they have you on hold for most of that time, and then recovery time at the end.

In fact, Dan and I are probably going to the shop tomorrow, and, if I take it easy, I can get some minor things done while he finishes the column mount.

Wish I would have done this 4 months ago ! :D

Glad the surgery went well, orthoscopic has come a long way.

Thanks Dozer. I wondered if I was going to feel more pain when I woke up this morning, but I still feel great ! I am pushing Dan to go to the shop today and he can finish up the column mount, while I sit on a rolling desk chair and do small tasks, like maybe the radiator support rods, and things like that. He is reluctant, saying I don't want to hurt anything, but I will take it easy.

With the clock ticking and getting closer to November, I really need to keep moving.

Thanks Dozer. I wondered if I was going to feel more pain when I woke up this morning, but I still feel great ! I am pushing Dan to go to the shop today and he can finish up the column mount, while I sit on a rolling desk chair and do small tasks, like maybe the radiator support rods, and things like that. He is reluctant, saying I don't want to hurt anything, but I will take it easy.

With the clock ticking and getting closer to November, I really need to keep moving.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling good and the surgery was pretty much painless (so far ;)). While it might feel like it, taking a few days to rest and take it easy won't kill you or delay your build considerably, but it will help your body heal that knee. Have a good day Don!

That's great news Don, I'm glad you haven't had much pain. To echo what everyone's already said - just don't go at it too hard, you don't want to over do it!

Did they put in a grease fitting for you? You know, this lubed for life stuff wears out too.:D

Glad to hear everything went well Don.[cl Don't push it for a few days, but don't let it get stiff, either.

Thanks, everybody. I am shocked how good it feels. I actually drove over to the shop today to feed our shop cat, and I was able to use my repaired leg to even step on the brakes.

Amazing what they can do these days, and I will keep the grease fitting idea in mind. :D

Glad that worked out so well Don... just don't over do! Looks like Turkey Run's gonna work out for ya! [cl

BoB

Well, the drugs they gave me seem to have quit working, my knee is pretty touchy ! :( I guess, being that I am only one week in from surgery I can't expect miracles. Oh well.

But, Dan and I have gotten a few things done over the past couple of nights. He has been slicing and dicing the under dash Kugel Komponents brake pedal assembly to get it to fit a little better. It needed narrowed 3 inches and shifted over 3 inches to give more steering column room, and to put the pedal where it feels good on the foot.

Once he has that all done, we are going to shorten up the brake pedal to get it off the floor a little more.

In the meantime, I have been mounting tabs under the frame in front to mount the two front wheel hoses. Now I can order some stainless steel brake lines to fit, and get the front end plumbed.

I also punched a couple of holes in the grille shell for the headlight wiring to pass through, and got a couple of rubber grommets to fill up those holes.

Nothing major, but a couple more things off the list. :D The first picture is the under dash unit before we cut it up. The next two are of the altered under dash unit in place. Much smaller now.

Attachments

• DSC07951.jpg
    DSC07951.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC07969.jpg
    DSC07969.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC07970.jpg
    DSC07970.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC07967.jpg
    DSC07967.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC07968.jpg
    DSC07968.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 23
I'm just catching up on this thread.
There is nothing like paying the entry fee to a show and reserving a motel room to get some motivation on a build. I know it worked for me.:D
Truck is looking good. Keep on plugging away on it and it will be done before you know it. And keep posting pics here for us.

Latest posts

Back