New guy from fl

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

38caddy

Hey guys I'm new to the site , but not to cars . I've built a few Dodge chargers,and a few other odd balls . I've had a few older cars . So I recently got a 1938 Cadillac series 60 sedan. It has a flat head v8 and 3 on the tree . I'm not sure what direction to go yet with it . Kinda wanted to look around and see what others are building to get some ideas .

Attachments

• KIMG0424.jpg
    KIMG0424.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 40
  • KIMG0427.jpg
    KIMG0427.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 31
  • KIMG0428.jpg
    KIMG0428.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 28
  • KIMG0429.jpg
    KIMG0429.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 27
Hello and welcome to Undead Sleds. If you look north-west you'll see my place, well, you'll see most of the North Americans. I'm the farthest away, northern Alberta.
I hope you'll get that motor running and use it. Cool.

Hey guys yeah it's a 38 I'm in Melbourne FL . I kinda feel had messing with it it's 49k org documented miles no rust at all . I saw a 41 Buick that looked really cool was thinking of doing something similar .I think a chop is definitely needed and I was going to lay the back window down a bit to give it a fast back look . I'm thinking air ride and satin black ! But not sure
I also have two gal of org color laqer paint that came with it .
Here's that Buick I like

Attachments

• KIMG0438.jpg
    KIMG0438.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 23
  • KIMG0439.jpg
    KIMG0439.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 19
Welcome from Northern Lower Michigan..
Beautiful car!.
I would be torn on which way to go with this one. I have seen some really nice ones left stocked body, but have also seen a couple of 4 doors converted to 2 doors and given the full "Coach Built"custom treatment.
I'll be watching as well.
[P [P [P [P
Torchie

Welcome form Portland, OR. Your Caddy is a beauty. I am inclined to agree with the good doctor. For a bit of inspiration, you might want to check out ZZrodders builds.

Yes it could be a cool Westergard-style custom, but unless you have some serious heavy fabrication skills (especially with sheetmetal) and a whole bunch of time I wouldn't even think about it. That would be an arduous task for even a seasoned builder, and could easily frustrate a novice to the point of a cut up Craigslist/scrapyard hulk.

So let's get it on the road sooner. Do you have the grille and missing trim pieces? A good way to go with it (that would involve much less work) would be a "Bomba" style cruiser. Original body & brightwork but sitting low, looking right and DRIVING. This appeals much more to me, especially with that sort of ugly-duckling body style. Skip the flat black! While there are some that wear it well, it's also a sure way to get lost in the shuffle of a whole lot of half-assed cars. Check out that original lacquer - it may be salvageable and would be bitchin'! Even if you do go a satin route, do a original-ish color. That body needs the definition or it's just going to be a big flat black blob.

Speaking of on the road, anyone telling you to run that Cad flatty has never built or ran one before.
They're also not funding your build or standing with you on the side of the road when it breaks down.
Neat looking? Very. Practical for any sort of modern driving? HELL no.
If you have some extra funds a 472/500 Cad would be a great powerplant and reliable. If you're on a budget, put a small block of your choice in it. You'll be grinning down the road in no time... [ddd

BED said it all. Personally, I'd leave the paint though.

It's a 4dr - getting what you have to look like what you posted would be a long costly war. Fix it drive it. Drop it, drive it more. Chop it, drive it some more. Slanting the back window would be even more work with little visual gain.

Photochopped and lowered 38(?):

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untyitled-3a.jpg
    Untyitled-3a.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back